Barthmobile Portal
snow

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6141087061/m/469106432

01-29-2010, 08:35 PM
Mary Ray
snow
View from upper western part of Tennessee. This picture was taken from my front porch looking toward the road.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

01-30-2010, 07:19 AM
Shadow man
Mary, you have my condolences. Big Grin
01-30-2010, 02:36 PM
Patch1st
Reports are stating that things have gotten alot worse overnight... Please check back in with us (If your able) to let us know how you are faring...

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"
01-30-2010, 04:58 PM
Mary Ray
Update photo.

Mary

01-30-2010, 06:51 PM
StinkyDaddy
Mary Ray,

Hope you are enjoying the snow. We got about a foot of snow since last night. We went sledding today. Check out our Barth in the snow.

Also, check out how insulated our outside wood furnace is...the water in it is 180 degrees, and the furnace has snow on top of it.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com
01-30-2010, 09:21 PM
Mary Ray
As a rule we don't get much snow around here. We only have about 6/7 inches but I think it is pretty when it first falls.

Mary

01-31-2010, 01:29 PM
Kris & Tina Jones
Found this on the internet and after cleaning up a bit of the profanity, thought you guys might like to see what we Michiganders think of the snow:

Michigan Winter

August 12 Moved to our new home in Michigan. It is so wonderful here; Lake Superior is magnificent. Can hardly wait to see snow on the trees.

October 14 Michigan is the most beautiful place on earth. The leaves are turning shades of red and orange. Went for a drive through the forest near Lake Superior and saw some deer. They are so graceful. Certainly, they are the most wonderful animals on earth. Saw the sunset over the lake. This must be paradise. I love it here.

November 11 Deer season will start soon. I can't imagine anyone wanting to kill such a gorgeous creature. Hope it will snow soon. I love it here more each day!

December 1 5:00 PM. It's starting to snow. The first of the season and the first one we've seen in years. The wife and I took our hot buttered rums and sat by the picture window, watching the snow flakes drift down, clinging to the trees and covering the ground. It was soooo beautiful!

December 2 Woke up to find everything blanketed with white. It looked like a perfect picture postcard. We went outside and had a snowball fight (I won). Later, I shoveled snow for the first time in years and loved it. I did both our driveway and our sidewalk. Later, a city snowplow came along and accidentally covered up our driveway with compacted snow from the street. The driver smiled and waved. I waved back and shoveled it again. What a beautiful place. I love Michigan.

December 8 -It snowed an additional 5 inches last night and the temperature has dropped to around 11 degrees. Several limbs on the trees and shrubs snapped due to the weight of the snow. I shoveled our driveway again. Shortly afterwards the snowplow came by and did his trick again. Much of the snow is now brownish gray.

December 12 Warmed up enough during the day to create some slush which soon became ice when the temperature dropped again. Bought studded snow tires for the car. Fell on my but in the driveway, shoveling after the snowplow came through (for the third time that day). $145.00 to the chiropractor, but nothing was broken. More snow and ice expected.

December 13 More snow fell last night. I've got blisters on my hands from shoveling. I think the snow-plow hides around the curve and waits until I'm done shoveling the driveway.

December 25 Merry Christmas. More snow. If I ever get my hands on that guy who drives the snow-plow, I swear I'll kill him. Don't know why they don't use more salt on the roads to melt the darn ice.

December 27 More snow fell last night. Been inside for three days except for shoveling out the driveway after that snow-plow goes through every time. Can't go anywhere, car's stuck in a mountain of white. The weatherman says to expect another 10" snow again tonight. Do you know how many shovels full of snow 10" is?

December 28 The weatherman had his head up his you know what- we got 24" of snow this time. At this rate, it won't melt before the summer. The snow-plow got stuck in the road and the driver came to the door and asked to borrow my shovel. After I told him I had broken six shovels already, shoveling all the snow he pushed into the driveway, I broke my last one over his head. I couldn't find my ice ax to finish him off - it was buried under a snowdrift!

December 29 - 2 degrees outside. More snow. Not a tree or shrub on our property that hasn't been damaged. Power was off most of the night. Tried to keep from freezing to death with candles and a kerosene heater, which tipped over and nearly burned the house down. I managed to put the flames out, but suffered 2nd degree burns on my hands and lost all my eyelashes and eyebrows. On the away home from the emergency room, I slid on the ice trying to miss a deer and almost put the car in Lake Superior. Totaled the car anyway against an iceberg - yes, an iceberg in Lake Superior shoreline! I should have hit the darn deer and taken my chances. Those beasts should be killed. Wish the hunters had killed them ALL last November.

January 4 Snow it keeps coming down. Have to put on all the clothes we own just to get to the mailbox. Power still off. Toilet froze and part of the roof has started to cave in. Tried to take a leak outside and ended up with an icecycle

January 7 Sixteen more inches of snow, sleet, ice and who knows what else fell last night. I wounded the snowplow driver with the ice ax, but he got away. Wife left me. Car won't start. I think I'm going snow blind. I can't move my toes. Haven't seen the sun in weeks. More now predicted. Wind chill MINUS 22 degrees.

January 8 Moved back to Texas. I can't imagine why anyone in his right mind would ever live in that god-forsaken State of Michigan.
01-31-2010, 05:14 PM
Jim and Tere
Now that's funny cheers. I lived in the lower part of the state for 4 years but was only 20. Heck, at the age of 72, I don't even like Tennessee winters and it hardly ever snows Mad
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny
01-31-2010, 08:44 PM
Bill N.Y.
Members, Marvin+Doris, asked me to post these pictures for you.
quote:
We would like to post a response from Upper Middle Tennessee but need a little help posting our pictures. We took them fresh this morning, it is just beautiful, blue skies and white fluffy snow. Got about 8-12 inches here on the plateau, luckily no ice rain.

Please add them to Mary's Snow.

02-01-2010, 10:47 AM
Shadow man
Yup, very pretty. And this is my favorite way to view it.....from a warm climate, far far away. Big Grin
02-02-2010, 05:58 AM
T&T&B
I'm with the Shadow man.......these scenes are really lovely (like a Christmas card), but I'm happy to reminisce from the comfort of my home here in the Sometimes Sunny South.

Kris' little blurb brought back some memories, that's almost exactly how it happens too. Eeker

My blood is so thin at this point, not certain I could survive one of these winters........

Tina

36' Barth Regency
3208 Cat 250 HP
Allison 4 speed Transmission, Gillig Chassis
"If it ain't a CAT it's a DOG"
02-02-2010, 10:52 AM
Shadow man
Tina, i have always been able to relate to "The Cremation of Sam McGee" ever since i first read it many, many, long years ago. Big Grin
02-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Marvin+Doris
Thank you guys from MI ROTFLMAO Sure enough today it is raining onto the 12 inches of snow and it will freeze tonight. Our snowplow driver was self eliminating, he turned the thing over and burned it into the ground (no worry he made it out without a scratch).

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

02-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Rusty
StaRV II returns to the Ice Planet Hoth. Christmas '09, -8°F, windchill -22°F.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields
02-02-2010, 08:44 PM
Bill N.Y.
quote:
Originally posted by Marvin+Doris:
Our snowplow driver was self eliminating, he turned the thing over and burned it into the ground (no worry he made it out without a scratch).
Get any pictures? Big Grin

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message