Barthmobile Portal
Special Birthday

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6141087061/m/4533902397

09-23-2019, 09:18 AM
Harold,Cat&Sam
Special Birthday
Friend of mine posted this on another forum . Thought I would post it here in case anyone was interested in mailing a Veteran a birthday card .

World War II veteran James South made a birthday wish for 100 cards as he turns 100 years old.

“It would give me a feeling that I am recognized for what I do, what I am,” South said. “And I would cherish it forever.”

To him, cards mean something particularly special, as he started receiving them back when he was serving in the war.

“I had a girlfriend that had been true to me and she had written me a letter. I was gone four years, and she had written me a letter every day that I was gone,” South said of the woman who eventually became his wife of 55 years.

So, South is hoping to receive 100 birthday cards next month, sharing a message from his Texas retirement home: "Hello! My name is James South and I am a proud World War II Veteran! I will be turning 100 on October 7th, 2019 and I would like to receive 100 birthday cards"

“He’s just very focused on sharing and teaching the things that he’s learned, and fortunately I’ve been the benefactor of all of that,” his son Jim said. “He had served in the World War II back in the 40s, had been in Normandy about seven days after the D-Day invasion so he got to see an awful lot.

“Just showing a little love back for all the love that he has shown for so many years, to so many people,” his son continued, explaining part of the intention behind the request for cards.

Those interested can send a card to South at 5800 North Park Drive, Watauga, TX 76148.

Harold
Cat
Sam Miniature Schnauzer
3.8.2009 - 9.24.2021

93 30ft Breakaway
9209-3823-30BS-11B

KE5WCW