Forums    Misc. and Other Stuff    They Aren't All Unaware!
Page 1 2 3 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

They Aren't All Unaware!
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted
Occasionally, the (sometimes maligned) youth nail it!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Very insightful and unselfish...I think.

It may also speak to the nature of individuals. Did she realize this at the moment of graduation or did this form along the way without her being able to change her course? Is she, perhaps, performing a cathartic event to help ease the burden of being "The Best"?

I wish I had done a little less doodling and daydreaming in high school, it would have saved me the catch up work I had to do in college and beyond educationally. That being said, I did have a great time that I would be reluctant to trade in for a little better grades.

My guess from reading her well crafted speech is that she'll do great in college, grad school, med school and life. I'll also bet she'll get more comfortable with the nature of competition and winning.

I'm still trying to figure out what a pedagogic movement is. Oh well, another movement is motivating me. Later.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm still trying to figure out what a pedagogic movement is. Oh well, another movement is motivating me. Later.

It is along the same lines as the Ecopedagogy movement. I hope that clears it up for you. Big Grin

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is along the same lines as the Ecopedagogy movement.

That's a bicycle, right?

Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by noble97monarch:
quote:
Originally posted by DougZ:
It is along the same lines as the Ecopedagogy movement. I hope that clears it up for you. Big Grin
It's about "Freirean aims"... Geeze Tin Foil Hat Club

"The ecopedagogy movement represents a recent transformation in critical pedagogy that seeks to interpolate quintessentially Freirean aims of humanization and social justice with a future-oriented ecological politics that radically opposes the globalization of neoliberalism and imperialism, on the one hand, and which attempts to foment collective ecoliteracy and realize culturally relevant forms of knowledge grounded in normative concepts such as sustainability, planetarity, and biophilia, on the other." hmm

hide

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Isn't Google great java

Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by noble97monarch:
Isn't Google great java
Imagine having to sit through a symposium on this stuff. head bang

Note to self: Look for an smilie that epitomizes putting ones self out of their misery. Sadly, beating ones head against the wall only satisfies their smugness... On the other hand, the opposite might actually get them to say... I wonder why he did that?

Symposium originally referred to a drinking party (the Greek verb sympotein means "to drink together")
~ Oh, for simpler times ~
 Thank you google 

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Symposium originally referred to a drinking party

Yeah, all for that! Then you get to "Sympotize" with yer mates. cheers

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/13
Picture of herbjohns
posted Hide Post
I don't post often ...but in reading this thread this is why I love this site...thanks all!!!

Herb Johns

1989 32' Regency, Cat 3208TA, Gillig Chassis

1989 32' Regency (RDG-B)
Gillig Chassis
Cat 3208TA
Sanger, CA, USA

~ ~Data Tag~ ~
8901-0113-32RDG-B

Posts: 75 | Location: Sanger, CA, USA | Member Since: 06-18-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
It's 5 o'clock someplace... time for a symposium. cheers

Doesn't seem to have the same ring about it. hmm

Oh well, as long as we can put it on our expense account as a Symposium I guess it doesn't really matter if it rolls, or slurs, off the tongue. Big Grin

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
I certainly hope somebody is planning a 5 pm Friday night symposium for the December GTG. I would hate to think that there was going to be no effort to enhance our intellectual standing.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh well, as long as we can put it on our expense account as a Symposium I guess it doesn't really matter

If you write it off, then it becomes a Boondoggle!

posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't post often ...but in reading this thread this is why I love this site...thanks all!!!

No, Thank You Herb!

I sometimes wonder if I'm the only one chuckling! I think I love this site for the same reason I love King Of The Hill and Family Guy, real people!!!!

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I don't know if valdictorian speeches have to be pre-approved any more, but I'd be a nickle that the principal wouldn't have understood this if he/she read it.

One of my kids had to tone his down to get it approved. And, mikes would go dead on command of the principal. But, this might have gone right over his/her head.

Unfortunately, this type of authoritarianism led to tremendous innovation in commencement pranks. Some were hilarious, but things tended to get out of hand.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's what things sound like when you reach the highest level, Harvard.

Warning: rated R in a few spots.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llcCryKpjNE