Forums    Misc. and Other Stuff    They Aren't All Unaware!
Page 1 2 3 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

They Aren't All Unaware!
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm pretty sure this one had to do with an elephant and a bodily function.

They're interchangeable; actually, the original Rule Three is, "Don't get into a pissing contest with a skunk."

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
right! .....Rusty, someone hadda say it.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
With regard to educated vs practical, the greatest disparity I have seen is so-called "efficiency experts" or "time and motion study guys" in our workplace.

There we were, some of us with two and four year degrees (in addition to decades of experience), being observed and graded by kids who had never even seen a hangar before, let alone a flight line or an avionics schematic.

It became almost comical, as we were all past masters of passive-aggressive behavior, and these kids had not even one course in industrial psychology, with no idea who Maslow, Studs Terkel or even Eric Hoffer was.

We ate them alive.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
Bill, with a nice Chianta (sp?) and Fava Beans? Smiler Unfortunately in Vietnam it was a much more serious matter when you got a new NCO or 2nd LT. fresh out of school. What they thought they knew could get you killed or hurt real quick....had to be subtle to educate them to the real world without damaging their ego. The good ones knew they still had a lot to learn and would ask questions and listen to people, no matter what their rank was, that had been there for a while. The bad ones usually didn't last too long.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shadow man:
Bill, with a nice Chianti (sp?) and Fava Beans?

Nope............ripping and tearing like the carnivores we were.

quote:
Smiler Unfortunately in Vietnam it was a much more serious matter when you got a new NCO or 2nd LT. fresh out of school. What they thought they knew could get you killed or hurt real quick....had to be subtle to educate them to the real world without damaging their ego. The good ones knew they still had a lot to learn and would ask questions and listen to people, no matter what their rank was, that had been there for a while. The bad ones usually didn't last too long.

Yeah, but I never ran into any NCO that was as bad as an ROTC second looey. Sheesh! I had forgotten about that stuff. I was fortunate in that the most inept were put where they could do little harm. I suspect a rifle company would have been a lot worse.

I am reaching the stage that when I say I don't remember much of the sixties, I am no longer joking. Smiler

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shadow man:
Bill, with a nice Chianti (sp?) and Fava Beans?
I do wish we could chat longer, but... I'm having an old friend for dinner. Bye. Wink

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Re: "An old friend for dinner." How ya' gonna' cook 'im?

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post