Forums    Misc. and Other Stuff    Tired of towing?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Tired of towing?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted
http://www.smartcarofamerica.c...y-back-rv-pic-26912/

Tooling Along

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I saw a rig years ago that consisted of a 5th towed by a semi, and the Smart Car sat sideways on the back of the semi in front of the 5th. If there was a downside, it may have been the need for a lot of side clearance for loading and unloading by ramp.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
Bought used Smart car in fall with intentions to use with my Breakaway - I think I'll stick with my 4 down plan. Alternatively, I could strap it on the front to supplement my dim headlights. Smiler

BTW: Anybody with a Smart tow bracket/bar, please PM. Thx.

Posts: 384 | Location: USA | Member Since: 11-07-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
But you might be able to pop a wheele.

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pgh. Pirate:
Alternatively, I could strap it on the front to supplement my dim headlights. Smiler

BTW: Anybody with a Smart tow bracket/bar, please PM. Thx.

There is a cure for the dim headlights. Do a search. Good fix is out there in our posts!

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post