Tools
Reply To This Topic

R.I.P. Casey 6/20/03-12/29/15
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted
I'm posting this because many Barthmobilers had met him.

Nelson and I said goodbye today to our beloved Casey. His health had deteriorated drastically over the past month, with abdominal fluids and loss of use of his hindquarters. Nelson is taking it hard; they had been inseparable...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear. You are in our prayer. Losing family is hard!

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Kelshe
posted Hide Post
I didn't have the pleasure of meeting Casey, but losing a beloved pet is very hard. I am sorry for your loss.

Sheila

Posts: 77 | Location: Auburn, CA | Member Since: 11-05-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear, Captn. Casey was a good friend to have at all the GTG's. All who wander are not lost

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Wow… Sorry

They don't call them "man's best friend" for no reason. Always hard to lose a friend. I will miss him, too. Frowner

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted Hide Post
Rusty: So sorry for your loss. I am one of the lucky folks who met Maggie, Casey and Nelson. You have been one good Dad to all of your dogs......Carl

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear about Casey. Nelson will have to step up to being the "Old Man" of the clan.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of kenny j
posted Hide Post
Oh Rusty, Kazy and I are so sorry to hear about Casey. He was such a good boy. I feel so sorry for Nelson, I know how protective he was of Casey. I fell sorry for you, missing him and watching Nelson feeling so sad. I don't feel sorry for Casey though, you gave him a really good life and home. I could tell he was well loved. It showed on his face, and yours. Give him a big hug for us, not too tight, but longer than a usual hug, and I hope we see you this summer some place.
Kenny

Posts: 186 | Location: grasston, mn | Member Since: 06-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Thanks, everyone, for your wishes. Nelson and I have been a great comfort to each other. Nelson was there with Casey at the last.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dr. bart
posted Hide Post
It brings tears to my eyes every time I read this post...I'm sure Casey had a great life...

Posts: 108 | Location: harrisonburg va | Member Since: 06-14-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Casey and his canine brethren are "earth angels" who watch over us patiently, as steadfast loving guardians and protectors.

The name "Dog" says it all, as is it not the name of God, spelled backwards?

The loss of this special friend is doubly hard to bear, as they give us something,
you will rarely receive,
from our parents, spouses, or children;
that is, the Gift of Unconditional Love & Forgiveness.

That shared, unseparable bond of love, I believe, will act as a silent whistle to alert them of our arrival when it is time for us to come home and as below, so above, they will be there, as always, patiently awaiting our return, for love never dies.

Posts: 39 | Location: USA | Member Since: 04-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
Rusty,

We know exactly how you feel and what it's like to lose a good "furry friend".

May the good, happy memories of Casey replace your sadness.

Jim, Barb and our new "furry friend" Toby

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Good night Casey, rest easy. Thanks for meeting me and bringing your friends along.

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/16
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear of your loss Rusty.

1989 22' Regal

Posts: 183 | Location: Northwestern PA | Member Since: 06-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
The measure of a person is the affect they had on others' lives. Never met you but your kindness is apparent in your posts. Take solace in knowing Casey wouldn't have wanted his life any other way.

Posts: 384 | Location: USA | Member Since: 11-07-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post