Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

To Dave Bowers
 Login now/Join our community

<arizjfd>
posted
Thank you not only for the information, but the quick response. I am taking your opinions into account, however, am leaning toward going ahead with the trade for the 1982 Barth. It appears to have everything that I need, and If a leak developes I am fairly handy and should be able to prevent it from spreading. That being said, don't think I won't ask for advice/assistance in the future, and again thank you..

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dave, I took all your info into consideration and it took me 3 days to make the decision to purchase this 1988 Barth Regency 40' 300T CAT with 28000 miles. I drove it to the nearest Cat dealer had it serviced and inspected; everything OK in that department...then I took it to Allison and had the trans serviced, they put in a synthetic oil. Everything OK in this dept also. I had a couple water leaks from the washers that had deterioated. I am in the process of learning what all the switches and buttons are.... Just wanted to say thanks for you help and info.. I have joined the Rangers and also sent you a small token to continue this website... Thanks again and I will be sending pictures of the before, during in a couple days.
Pat

Posts: 75 | Location: Villa Rica, Ga, USA | Member Since: 03-15-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
arizjfd

I just today received an email from Betty Holden, a long time 1982 Barth owner. She has had no problems with leaks by the cap and absolutely loves the coach. It is so great to here from just dedicate and happy Barth owners. We really do have a special thing going here. In my 53 years there have not been many things that have as high a satisfaction level as these Barth coaches.

By the way Betty reminded me of the Rangers Ralley in Branson. We are going to try and make it. Hope you all go.

------------------
Shortcuts alway take longer

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"First Year of Inception" Membership Club
Picture of davebowers
posted Hide Post
Al Benton

Hey Al,

I drool everytime I think of that big boy you're driving. You got a great deal on that one and I am so glad the "bones" look so good. I talked to Lee Merriman, Pres of Barth Rangers today and told him of your find.

I understand you talked with Jim Bentler in TX. He has a beatious 38ft Gillig with a 250CAT I believe. Deb and I spent a pleasant afternoon in his coach in Lanesboro MN, just shooting the breeze. His brother Gerald was there with Jim's former coach a 1996 25ft. He had installed the Bank's powerpack on the 25ft and was telling me he could get rubber with the duals. I said ya unhuh.. But it was recently painted and was very nice.

I wish you the best of luck with your great coach, and keep us up to date on the fixes you make. This info is of great assitance to all.

------------------
Shortcuts alway take longer

Posts: 1658 | Location: Eden Prairie, MN 55346 USA | Member Since: 01-01-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<arizjfd>
posted
I drove all the way from Atlanta to Winston-Salem N.C. to look at a "nearly new inside, and very nice outside" at a dealer to trade, and after making the trip found that it wasn't even close to what he had said over the phone to me, and this from a dealer!!!however, on the way home, I found a 76 GMC in original condition, and although it is not a Barth, could not pass it up..Now if I could get rid of the Class B, things would be great..Thanks again, and maybe in the future we will pass on the road..

Reply With QuoteReport This Post