Tools
Reply To This Topic

A Cool Old Bike
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
I know a lot of you are into old bikes, so I thought you might like to see that there's one of these still around. Brings back a lot of memories.
http://sarasota.craigslist.org/msd/3065859704.html

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
More than one still around! Have seen a couple of them running around the Yuma area and one guy had a 90 and 110 for sale this winter. Big Grin

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
OMG, had this very bike when I was a kid. So small, I had to jump down off the seat to keep it up!

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
I am appalled at the price on that.

I had one for a coupla weeks in the '60s. Bought a Hodaka and was a jillion times happier.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/10
Picture of Andrew
posted Hide Post
I picked one of these up early last year.... mine is actually a 1981 CT110 which is the first year they had a hi/lo gearbox (makes a big difference going through swamps or up steep inclines). It's not a fast bike but I've had a lot of fun with it so far. The nice thing is that Honda still produces this same bike as a mail carrier for the Australian postal service so new parts are readily available.

http://ct90-ct110.com/Home.html

1978 P32 w/454
s7708 2284 MC27 S-3

My dad makes me wanna Barth!

Posts: 20 | Location: Saranac Lake, NY | Member Since: 09-01-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/10
posted Hide Post
I know them well!

Two years ago, I came across an ad on EBAY about a 1973 HOnda Trail 90 with ONLY 250 actual miles. It looked like new. It was about 5 hours away so I called the guy. In our conversation, I found out he had TWO of them...identical and both had less than 275 miles total. They were ordered by a retired couple to put on their RV. They were about 20 units different in VIN numbers, had consecutive tags and ran like new. Needless to say, I bought both of them. I got them for I think, $1100 each. They are fun to ride around the farm on. We also had one growing up. It was my Dad's. We had SL70 HOndas and Dad had the BIG Trail 90.

Posts: 429 | Location: The Great Midwest | Member Since: 12-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
posted Hide Post
I bought a brand new CT-90 in 78 and I had more fun with that bike than any other. It had the hi/lo transfer case and a spare gas tank for deep woods travel. I used to put it on the rear bumper of my 1949 converted Grumman paper delivery truck which broke down and I actually towed it with the Honda. That bike could go anywhere, it was great. Sold it, regretted it later and bought another in the early 80s. Wish I still had one to put on the back of the Barth.

Posts: 126 | Location: New Bedford, Mass. | Member Since: 07-22-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post