Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

GM Turbo 400 Tranny
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
You don't need to remove the transmission to remove the valve body or install a shift kit.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
FWIW (caps for reason I was shouting):
For shts and giggles, I decided to go cheap - filter and fluid change. Decided to use synthetic ATF (almost 2 gal. @ $40/Gal. and $15 filter for a grand total of $95. Why cite the math - I figured it was worth a one in twenty-five chance of working.

Although not a gambler - I WON! Drove for an hour today and reverse worked fine. I promise to report back if and when it doesn't.
BTW I have the same fluid in my Barth and I like it much.

'92 Breakaway
Cummins 190hp, No Modifications
Allison AT542
Floor Plan 30-BS-11B
9205-3798-30BS11B

Posts: 384 | Location: USA | Member Since: 11-07-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
I would try a flush first

Thumbs Up Thumbs UpThumbs Up Thumbs UpThumbs Up Thumbs UpThumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs UpThumbs Up Thumbs UpThumbs Up Thumbs UpThumbs Up Thumbs Up Superman Thumbs Up Thumbs UpThumbs Up Thumbs UpThumbs Up Thumbs UpThumbs Up Thumbs UpThumbs Up Thumbs UpThumbs Up Thumbs UpThumbs Up Thumbs UpThumbs Up Thumbs Up

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Occam's Razor!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Finally decided to see what Occam's Razor met. As they say, "Oh!". Wikipedia uses a lot of fancy words, but can they be paraphrased to say, "Sometimes the simplest thing is the best thing"?.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and Tere:
Finally decided to see what Occam's Razor meantt. As they say, "Oh!". Wikipedia uses a lot of fancy words, but can they be paraphrased to say, "Sometimes the simplest thing is the best thing"?.

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of Pirate19
posted Hide Post
I just presumed it meant "duh" (I usually feel that way about myself when I read Rusty's posts).

In all fairness, records indicate the filter/fluid was done 5K miles ago, albeit being 10 years. The truck is kept inside - only driven when the wife needs the impression I'm working. Thinking this fluid will "age" better, being synthetic.

'92 Breakaway
Cummins 190hp, No Modifications
Allison AT542
Floor Plan 30-BS-11B
9205-3798-30BS11B

Posts: 384 | Location: USA | Member Since: 11-07-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post