Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Hurricane justifies owning a Barth
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted
Latest projections from weather guessers is the eye of IKE will pass over our house and NASA Johnson Space Center about 1 AM Saturday with sustained winds of 100 mph and storm surge of 18 to 24 feet. While others have spent last two days cramming stuff into pickups we have enjoyed a few short trips inland to move keepers and have packed and transferred important stuff to Barth and will depart later this morning. Wireless stations are still p everywhere and the sat keeps the news running. All the neighbors and locals are envious of this capability so that is one more reason to own one. Of course we also expect to get a new house, eventually.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom K:
All the neighbors and locals are envious of this capability so that is one more reason to own one. Of course we also expect to get a new house, eventually.
Good luck Tom!

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09
Picture of robert and kimberly delucia
posted Hide Post
GOOD LUCK DRIVE SAFE !!!!!!!

Posts: 204 | Location: unionville tennessee | Member Since: 10-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom K, From the post "Here we go again!":
Spent the day fitting out the coach and moving furniture etc to our warehouse... Plan to weather it at our factory warehouse and run generator and blender and watch football.
Just in case you want to know where Tom's factory warehouse is... Eeker

http://everett-morrison.com/map.htm

Which is not too far from his house.

We also have several other map members right there too.

Map The Barths

Good Luck Everyone!!!

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I hope all goes well - my mapping program says that's only 19 ft. elevation, and predictions range up to 24' surge in the west shore of Galveston Bay...however (speculation and wishful thinking on my part?) Ike appears (based on NWS Houston/Galveston radar) to be jogging slightly north of NW, which would moderate the impact (a little bit) on the west shore.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/12
Picture of ZIM
posted Hide Post
Wow,only 19' elevation. i will pray for all of our barthmobile members. and hope all of the affected people of this hurricane be safe and hope the animals will be taken care of also. i cannot even imagine such a natural disaster and how it would turn life upside down. i hope the warehouse is a safe haven.

ZIM

Posts: 61 | Location: Pennsylvania | Member Since: 06-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I've been through may tropical cyclones; I've seen a large proportion of folks who don't "get it" (hopefully Tom K isn't one of them), but one shouldn't mess with Mother Nature. I don't.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of billyt53
posted Hide Post
Tom,
Hope you guys came out of Ike OK. What we got here in Lafayette was bad enough and our friends in Lake Charles are going under water Mad Thinking of ya'll
Billy n Helen

Billy & Helen Thibodeaux

Retired from Billy Thibodeaux's Premiere RV, Inc. Scott, LA 70583 I-10 Exit 97
The Farm is near Duson, LA I-10 Exit 92 then N 1 mile on right
Three Full 50 Amp RV Hookups !
billynhelen@me.com
Data Tag: 9404-3908-36XI-2C
1994 Sovereign 36' Widebody on Spartan IC (Mountain Master Lite) Chassis.
Powered by Cummins ISL9-450
Onan 8,000 Quiet Diesel Genset
Toad: 2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Diesel with M&G Car Brake

Posts: 375 | Location: 1mile north of I-10 Exit 92, Duson, LA USA in The Heart of CAJUN COUNRTY ! ! ! | Member Since: 05-14-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First thanks to all who replied! We were ordered out on Wed so we went to our place where it is protected by the levees that surround the refineries. Parked the coach like a cow in the winter - back end toward the first wind field. Put out the levellers and checked all the doors. We had about 80 mph but being between two buildings we had only a rock and roll impact. The back side brings the wind from the south toward the windshield but that also was easily weathered. Only casualty was the sat antenna that was bent over backward - the plastic screw that raises the antenna stripped so the entire fix figures to be about 20 bucks. Of the 2 million without power, refrigeration, and any fuel we figure to be in the best possible shape. Ironic that the closest gas staton only had diesel left after the surge before the storm so we replenished the tank with jerry cans and are set. Have'n found the total solution but would recommend anyone in the area who needs a place to stay go to PPL Motorhomes and buy a coach. We expect four to six weeks for return of power because the damage by trees and snapped power poles must number in the thousands. Other family members can't reach us because they are not allowed to enter the coastal cities until the downed power lines are repaired. That will be at least a week. As for the Barth - flawless - everything works (except the Direct TV, but we do have the old batwing and it is still working) and we expect to be able to do the office work from the coach and still fill a few orders. No machinery power but that can wait.
Note to self- find your evacuation point before the storm and figure out the closest suitable fuel, access point that is not likely to be barricaded, and check out the propane hose to the grill. Lastly, the Chevron sold more beer than fuel on Sunday.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you are safe and well-provisioned!

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
Glad to here you weathered the storm ok we have had our share. here in Fl. In fact we are still dealing with the water. Did you say your warehouse was Everett Morrision?

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Posts: 298 | Location: Deltona Flordia | Member Since: 08-18-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rp's barth:
Did you say your warehouse was Everett Morrision?
Yep, Everett-Morrison is no longer in your neck of the woods. They have moved to Texas.

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
Reason i was asking the guy i race with has one of there kit cobra's that i work on and i might say that is some car . very well constructed. Best kit on the market by far.

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Posts: 298 | Location: Deltona Flordia | Member Since: 08-18-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep we are Everett-Morrison. Julie bought the company from Buford Everett who was the second continuation of the company (Morrison Cars) and he developed the company into the premier company in the business over the last twenty five years. Julie, like his son Brett (Still with the company) is an engineer and now we are embarking on the next twenty five years. Unfortunately Buford passed away in late summer at 89 but he left the compamy in great shape and in good hands. Our factory is unhurt and we will resume fabrication as soon as we get power, perhaps this weekend.
Just for information our neighbor has a 2003 Coachman 34 foot coach and he took it to his shop but when the wind started and the sides began to vibrate he moved the coach inside his warehouse and slept in his conference room, no ac, no power etc. Our Barth Regency had no problem at 80 to 90 mph winds; we would not take a new one from anyone! We had no leaks, nothing broke and while we did have somewhat of a wild ride, everything held together.

http://everett-morrison.com/

Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
That is very cool!! and i am glad you are ok from the pictures we see it was pretty bad in some places out there. when i get time i will send you pictures of the cobra, she is a nice one, Thanks again Richard

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis