Tools
Reply To This Topic

World Fails to End, Details at 11:00
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted
The Swiss/Franco Large Hadron Collider went into sercice today. Doomsday Prophets were disappointed that the Earth was not destroyed.

This 27km circumference particle accelerator is the most expensive scientific instrument ever built. The hope is that it'll reveal the theoretical and elusive Higgs Boson.

The LHC is expected to have no impact on efforts to control fleas on pets nor mosquitoes.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
Doomsday Prophets were disappointed that the Earth was not destroyed.
This sounds strangely familiar. Maybe the world ended many years ago.

Are you sure that we're not stuck in a "Temporal Causality Loop"? Big Grin

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
Yup..I was thinking the same.

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dalton
posted Hide Post
Might explain this black hole I'm in. Anyone have a flashlight?

Posts: 61 | Location: Calgary AB | Member Since: 04-03-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/12
Picture of ZIM
posted Hide Post
Flashlights will do you no good in a blackhole, no
light can ever escape from one...Rusty your announcing the all clear too soon...on their website they say it will take 55 days from startup to come up to full power and for anything to happen.. they also say that you might have blackholes, but that it will disappear rapidly,,. the one thing that they hope to see is a door to other dimensions. mindboggling as it seems, the whole universe is the same as that. when you look at all the stars at nite, its like looking into a time machine, only that your not looking at the future nor present,but your looking into the past.
something that already happened hundreds and millions of years ago. so your eyes cant be trusted. no one has yet to tell you what the nite sky really looks like at this time period.
so maybe if they really do find a door to other dimensions,just maybe we can finally all see what our nite sky really looks like...

Posts: 61 | Location: Pennsylvania | Member Since: 06-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
I hate to be a simpleton but this is getting way too deep for my simple mind. Confused And I'm not ready for the world to end. I still have $5.00 I haven't spent yet.
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post