Forums    Misc. and Other Stuff    My Lucky Day?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

My Lucky Day?
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted
Went to Canada for a week. Great time! Returning Sunday I blinked (I thought) for about 4 seconds, crossed center, hit gravel on left shoulder, woke up not in time to avoid subsequent bad ride and ended in a baaad parking place.

I kicked out the driver side, crawled out

Got my big friend out the pass side (I bent the pass door corner yanking it open...)

Driver side (me) was bad..

we crawled out with bumps and scratches

A blink of the eye can be a long time. Seat belts and air bags work. Little Ford trucks will take an outrageous pounding and can save your life. The luckiest day of my life.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Wow. Glad you guys are OK.

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Mr Toad's wild ride. Glad only the truck took a terminal beating.

I've owned 4 versions of the Ford Ranger and agree they are tough little cookies.

This is the kind of situation that has always made me put safety high on the ladder with road vehicles.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
Praise God neither of you was injured! Had you foolishly not worn seat belts, surely one or both of you would have been ejected and crushed. Was this on the road to Chapleau?
Are the boat and motor totaled along with the PU?

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We stopped for late lunch in Wawa. About 35 miles south we stopped again...(about 3:30 PM) Front of boat is stoved in, probably dead. Tailer is bent as well. Motor can be fixed. Not sure how the insurance goes (never did anything like this before!) Small price to pay either way. Lost a 10 yr old truck, just have to drive my old 94 Ranger now. Just glad it wasn't Barth, I'd REALLY be upset!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
Glad you are OK Steve. It looks like you could have come out of this MUCH worse than you did.

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Lucky day part 2?
You're not gonna believe this...
Went back to Canada with my neighbor on July 8th to finish the cabin work and fish some more. On the way north about 10:30 PM we hit TWO moose (cow and calf) with his red 02 Ford 350 pickup..I was driving when an oncoming car failed to dim brights. Neighbor and I didn't see them until about 15 ft away. We had slowed to about 50 mph already due to poor vis but not in time.
I"m not sure we can go back to Canada again, we have only my one old truck between us now!

My neighbor brought back our trophy to show our friends.

Sure glad it wasn't Barth! missed this site!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/19
Picture of StinkyDaddy
posted Hide Post
Glad you're ok, good thing you were in the F350.

Bill & Sherrie
'65 Barth Travel Trailer (built in '64)
B1-174-24
'66 Barth Travel Trailer
D11-412-24
www.WilliamMitchellStudios.com

Posts: 549 | Location: Southern Virginia | Member Since: 09-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
Steve: Ever think about starting a really good walking program?

(Glad you guys are OK.)

Lou

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Glad you're OK. It's amazing that the windshield is unscathed.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
Glad you're O K !
Moose, mooses, meese can sure mess up a vehicle.
Did you at least get some meat?

Does the term "accident prone" ever come up in your insurace agent's conversation?

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I'd like to know what your neighbor did to you to deserve this? Big Grin

Glad you guys are ok... Thumbs Up

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/11
Picture of Wharf Rat
posted Hide Post
Thank God your ok! Has to bring new meaning to "Ford Tough!"

I'm going to see that Grand Canyon......and I'm going to do it in style!

Posts: 52 | Location: Rockland Maine | Member Since: 07-03-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post