Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Instant Winter Wonderland
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Come check out the desert. No mold or mildo. Kinda cool this week in the 60s, but you can't have it all.

We chose AZ vs FL as we wanted a place to keep the MH. Also didn't want to have to run the ac when not there. That part didn't quite work out as we turn the ac to 90 when we leave. This is to help the refrigerator which we leave running if we become summer travelers. We freeze a glass of water and leave it in the freezer with a quarter on top of the ice. When we return we check the location of the quarter. So far it has always been on top.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1183 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Very crazy here. Mother Nature finally gave us a break. The weather warmed up and rained. The snow is only about a foot deep. This whole week we have highs in the 40's! Thumbs Up

We are planning to head south on Monday. No snow on the roads, no salt, temps above freezing? This is a first. I even filled the water tank and we have running water!

Usually it is 10 degrees, snow on the coach and the roads and no water until Tennessee or so. This is really going to be great!

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Yea! Best of luck with running water, enjoy and keep us updated.
Tim

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to seeing you guys again. The weather here has been incredible lately, with lows around 60 and highs near 80. Are you bringing the big Barth this year?

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3477 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
98Barth is almost ready to go. I have the propane tank hooked up and the heat on. Snow is almost totally clear of the roof. Roads are clear and no snow/freeze in sight! Thumbs Up

The VW toad is not ready yet, so I will tow the Prius. Since the Monarch is not as weight limited as the Regal, I bought a tow dolly for now. I have to replace the trailer light socket on the 98 yet.

It will be great to have the car. Liz is busy "moving in" to the new coach. We will leave Sun or Mon.

We will be right near Ed and Deb the last week of Feb. If we don't see you on the way south, we will on the way north.

Have Barths, will travel, soon. Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5166 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
If you'e going to be in the area, holler; we can do dinner. I-75 Exit 399 features the original Sonny's BBQ. Up the road a bit is an excellent Chinese takeout, and Conestogas Restaurant.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
http://www.freep.com/story/new...t=link&ICID=ref_fark

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Interesting. I grew up across the canal from the Quincy smelter in the copper mining photo. I could see it from our house. The cops chased us out when we went over there to play in the ruins.

Later we found out how to get down into the mines. Spent day long trips in the tunnels exploring. The mines stretch for miles underground, some went down a mile! All are mostly flooded now.

In 1900 there were 100,000 people living in Calumet. Today about 3000. Most of the mines shut down during the Depression due to cheaper copper elsewhere. In spite of all the years of mining, they estimate that 90% is still down there. There was always lots of old mining stuff around. Lots of history. Today it is just Michigan Tech and logging left.

As usual, they left out the part about Michigan today where we pay higher power, taxes, insurance, housing and gas prices than any adjacent state. "Say Yes to Michigan" head bang

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp