Tools
Reply To This Topic

Mother Nature no friend
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted
About 5PM Sunday it got really dark, straight line winds 70+mph, torrential rain and 1/2 inch hail. Thousands of trees down through northern Michigan. Power was out until 7PM on Monday evening. About 10,000 more still out.

We were fairly lucky. Two large pines broke off half way up. About 24 inches at base, about 14 inches where they broke. One fell in front yard here, hit nothing. The other fell right where the car had been parked earlier that day. If the car was still there it would have been crushed! A big mess but no damage. OTOH, a 2 inch pine branch punched a hole in my boat cover. Also, a 3 inch pine branch pierced a hole in the roof of Barth! confusion

I will have photos of the damage and the repair soon. Like I needed another project! head bang

Chains saws running everywhere Shields Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I (sort of) feel your pain; it's rained here (from sprinkles to thunderstorms) 35 of the last 38 days. I'd like to mow the yard, but it stays soggy.

Last damage to the Barth was a broken fan cover (which was already tired) a couple of years ago, from a pine limb.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Just finished up replacement of skylight, replaced both Air Conditioners with Atwoods because of hail last year.

Shredded the covers, broke the edges of skylight. Took out center skylight and replaced the curb and skylight in the shower. PVC and Styrofoam curb I fabricated so no chance of rot or mold. I need a place for my head when taking a shower. Eeker

I was surprised to find neither skylight was sealed? Not even weather strip D'oh They were just sitting on the curb?

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1384 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
http://glenarborsun.com/glen-arbor-hit-by-tornado/

As I told Steve, we were headed back from MINI's On The Mack (Mackinaw City, MI) Sunday and narrowly missed the worst of the storms. Although we went through heavy rain and severe cross winds with the coach, I was spared the damage Steve and so many others up there incurred.

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Here are my latest projects…

There is another one about the same size across the lake at my cottage. Many truck loads to haul away.

The one that got Barth:

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sloop John B
posted Hide Post
Looks like your headliner could use a little help from a "as seen on TV product" hide .

JKB

88 28' Regal 454
Blue/Silver metalflake

Posts: 706 | Location: 103 miles west of Milford & 1.75 Miles from Lincoln oasis on I-80 | Member Since: 01-05-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Looks like a good place for another cross-spar to me. I see one on the other side of the light. If you can't match it you could replace it so both spars matched. Seems like the easiest fix to me.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Convince your insurance co. To pay to repair that 1 piece roof and you will have the $ to put your new paint on. hmm

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Put a CO2 or smoke detector on the ceiling. Instant patch Big Grin

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dr. bart
posted Hide Post
Smoke detector is a much better idea than mine... Dogs playing poker painting on velvet..

Posts: 108 | Location: harrisonburg va | Member Since: 06-14-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dr. bart:
Smoke detector is a much better idea than mine... Dogs playing poker painting on velvet..

I do love those bad dogs, maybe playing pool? I was thinking some Vegas style mirrors on the ceiling… you know leading to the "master suite" confusion

Actually the smoke detector is a great idea. Could use one in that end of the coach. Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
That's what I did in mine.
I put a smoke/fire and carbon monoxide detector over the hole
left from the removal my crank up antenna.

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post