Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Weight loss
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted
I joined Medical Weight loss last week. I am starvin but hey, lost 6 lbs already and am 25% on my way to where I want to be. Drives Tina a little nuts because there are 2 entirely different meals going on all the time (one for me, and one for Benjamin), (Tina has not had time to eat so much as a cracker since the last gtg lol). Anyone else had better success somewhere else?

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Kris, Don't know muck about medical weight loss, but have loss my weight by having a heart attack Feb 17, 2010. IMHO if your starving your not on a good diet. eat a good mix of protien and fruits and vegies. find what you enjoy. try to mix them up. stay away from fast food if possible. Donot set an amount. Instead just try to keep your weight going in the same downward direction. A lb a week is 52 a year. I changed from beef to turkey. fried to steamed or baked. 6" Subway from Big Mac and fries. I still enjoy my BB ribs. just every couple months instead of every week. Having been way over weight most all my life and going up and down as much as 80 lb this is what is working for me now. High Weight 335 lb. now at 256 and heading down

Doorman.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Hooraw for you and everybody who is trying to live healthy. I don't always eat right, but I know when I don't. Keep us infoed on how you're doing.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3480 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
Good stuf Doorman. I love the idea of getting to the final destination in just a few weeks but it is pretty trying. I will most likely split the difference on Monday. Even the girl at Medical Weight loss said I am loosing the weight too fast. Downward direction is a heck of alot better than where I was going. Good luck to anyone here dieting for camping season. Smiler

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
I generally never ate breakfast but as the morning meds started to be added (seems to happen to everyone) I started eating Granola,milk, and coffee so the stomach would not react. After some rehab for a new hip, the nurse said to eat Greek yogurt (with or without flavoring fruit) because it is high protein and the body metabolism reacts to burn it better than carbs and starches. Losing weight about 1 lb per week now and feeling fine. The yogurt has to be Greek, not the Yoplait stuff.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1515 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Ok Chris when I met you in Milford you needed to gain weight. What's up with that?

Give Benjamin a hug for me by the way, Tina too!

I have been on the 17 day diet. 4 cycles lasting 17 days ea. Different foods on each cycle. The first is pretty limited,however it's purpose is to cleanse body of toxic foods & it only lasts 17 days.

I started on March 4th & have lost 13 lbs. This program is designed for alot of weight loss in the first 17 day cycle. I have NEVER lost this much weight in such a short period & still eating 'til I'm full. go to 17daydiet.com It was touted by Dr. Phil & The Doctors.

i needed to lose 35 lbs & as of today I only have 22 to go & I've only been doing this for 20 days.
I have more energy than I've ever had in my life.
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been doing Atkins since the beginning of the year and down 24 pounds. 1/4 of the way.

It's all about carb control.

A good friend has lost 70 pounds over the past year. No more than 120 carbs a day. Off blood pressure, off insulin.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post