Tools
Reply To This Topic

Unusual Space Shuttle Footage
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted
A montage from official sources. Best to have very good PC speakers.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/11
Picture of Tommy B. Willis
posted Hide Post
Excellent!!

A single conversation with a wise man is better than ten years of study.

"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes a duty."

8408-3125-28FP3
1985 28' Regal
454 Chevrolet
P32 Chassis

Posts: 56 | Location: Central Mississippi  | Member Since: 05-26-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/11
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Picture of Jack
posted Hide Post
Great find!
I watched the liftoff on HDNET in NASA HD which was really great also, but no booster rocket splash down.

Vectra Grand Tour 34
New Hampshire

Posts: 369 | Location: North Troy, Vermont | Member Since: 08-30-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rusty:
Best to have very good PC speakers.

I would have to turn in my Luddite pin if I bought speakers. I was about to run out and buy speakers until I read some of the comments about the sound track.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

"Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under."

I'll see your Mencken and raise you a de Maistre:.............“Every country has the government it deserves.”

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
AWESOME!!!! And gave my JBL's a workout!!! Thank you Rusty...

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
El Segundo Bill, Barthmobile's own renaissance man, comments on the poor quality of the shuttle launch soundtrack which I experienced as well.

Then he responds with dueling philosophers on the subject of government, to which I can only add Winston Churchill's dictum that, "Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time."

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, Churchill had a real way with words. I have a number of them committed to memory, and they come out every now and then.

Such as:

"There is nothing half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."

On Edit:......OOPS my fingers have a mind of their own. The palsy strikes again.... I meant to type:

"There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result."

The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that wasn't Sir Winston talking about boats, it was the Water Rat in Kenneth Grahame's children's classic, "The Wind In The Willows," though the Water Rat inserted a phrase to emphasize his belief, saying, "There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."

I heartily agree with the sentiments of both Sir Winston & the Water Rat as to boats, government & being "shot at without result."

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post