Tools
Reply To This Topic

New travel buddy Charley
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted
After 2 months with an empty house we found a new travel cat. His name is Charley. He is about 4 years old, one of 3 cats and 5 dogs siezed in a neglect case. Sadly, he spent 7 months in the animal control kennel. Very nice kennel and care but still in lockup. I wish we had known sooner.

He is in good health but shy. Just getting used to his new home and owners. Very affectionate, he is already opening up after only 2 days here.

His face is almost identical to the cat we had from 1980 to 2000! That, and the fact he would be hard to place due to age and shyness, we just couldn't leave him there.

Our last cat made it to 30 states, we'll see where this one goes!

Have Barth (and cat), will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
He is really good looking Smiler Tere and I have found that cats are really good companions--different than dogs--but just as much fun. So glad you adopted him.

Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Going to a shelter is always hard for me. It breaks my heart to see animals left behind. I could not stand for abuse cases, I would be tempted to beat the owners to near death. Kittens and pups are usually placed quickly but the older animals often wait far too long.

Charley was neglected but not starved or physically abused. His former owner was fined and has 2 years of probation as penalty.

We look forward to many good years for Charley. Our first cat was a part Siamese that looked just like Charley. We adopted him as an older kitten. He had been living in a garage and was close to feral. It took several weeks to get him to come out and around us but he was a great cat and lived to almost 20 years old. Still miss him...

Two months later we got Reilly from a friend whose cat had kittens. He lived to just over 18 years old. Some of you met him and know what a character he was. Miss him too...

38 years with 2 cats! Hope to get a long ride with Charley, too.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Steve glad you found a new companion, have you asked him if he is a Barth cat?? In about a week he will be your boss.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Happy for you guys and Charly. Can't wait to see him!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Beautiful cat. Don't worry Charley will get you two trained in no time Thumbs Up

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Any camping trips yet?

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
We have not done any traveling yet. I have more wiring and some other engine projects to do, so the coach has been sitting around.

Charley is working out really well. Considering his past, he seems to have little baggage. He is friendly, active and loves to play with anything that moves. Not fond of being carried yet, but he will sit in your lap and purr like crazy when you pet him.

Sleeps with us much of the night.

We will spend the night in the coach with Charley soon. We won't go anywhere just let him get settled in. After that, we'll fire up the engine and go for a ride.

We'll be on the road soon, I hope. Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Well Steve, seems like you found a new love! So happy that Charlie is letting you be his caretaker!!!

I used to have a black Cat her name was Soot, she would sit in your lap and purr and squint her eyes like she loved you to pieces, then bite your hand and jump down. If she was on a table or chair back and you walked by close enough she would bite you. No other deeming features except she never did that to kids, she really was a weirdo might have been a great Barth cat.

My collies have never bitten me or anyone else nor has Casey the Shetland. lol

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Hope Charlie has you and Liz ready for a trip to Tom Sawyer in a couple of weeks.

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post