Tools
Reply To This Topic

Overhang Hall of Shame
 Login now/Join our community

FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted
This is one truly American RV...hanging out all over.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
When I first glanced at this, my eyes automatically went to the mud flap at the rear, expecting to see drag wheels or something. Maybe a little tag axle.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
What keeps the front wheels on the ground? ......especially if someone walks to the rear.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DougZ
posted Hide Post
If my wife & I both got in the back of that sucker, it would do a wheelie for sure! Big Grin

W4JDZ

Posts: 567 | Location: Warrenton, N.C. | Member Since: 03-27-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
What keeps the front wheels on the ground? ......especially if someone walks to the rear.

Gravity suckers.

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
It probobly comes with an anchor kit, like an airplane, to tie the front end down while parked?

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you look carefully at the rear section of the RV, it is already delaminating in a big way. Perhaps when the rear gets bad enough, you snip it off and keep going like a cheap razor cutter???

I'm guessing this severe of an overhang doesn't do much for containing structural twist and bend. I would be willing to bet delamination is directly tied into body twist and bend quotients.

Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gravity suckers

........same science with light suckers?

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
If my wife & I both got in the back of that sucker, it would do a wheelie for sure
OOOh! does she read these? Your a....... is grass!

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DougZ:
If my wife & I both got in the back of that sucker, it would do a wheelie for sure! Big Grin

Maybe that mud flap is stiffer than it looks.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I always wonder how that kind of leverage affects the tongue weight on a tandem axle trailer. It can't be good and it probably exceeds the limits of the hitch at least for a few seconds when transitioning.