Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Transmission temperature
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Here I am again. What a lot to learn! Whew!

Anyway, My 1994 28 foot Regal supposedly had an ALLISON transmission in it. I can find no ALLISON name on it; it says GM Turbo something or other on the side of the Transmission. Would it say Allison if it were? Also, my transmission guage reads too hot I think. It hit 300 degrees when we went up to Estes Park, CO recently. It was at about 275 after quite a bit of town driving today, with the outside temperature at about 100 Deg F. I would appreciate any input from you "Vets" out there. I wonder if my sending unit could be bad? I never noticed any hot smell while driving it and it seems to work fine and sound OK.

Thanks,

Anvilman

Posts: 27 | Location: Aurora, CO USA | Member Since: 05-05-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
1st month member
posted Hide Post
Does your Regal have a 454 ci Chevy. If so, it is probably a TurboHydromatic 400 or 450. Allison is made by GM, but they are usually mated to diesels, except for the last couple of years. The new Chevy 502 ci has a 5-speed Allison because of its high torque rating for the engine. Yea, 300 degrees is high. Usually, 225 is as high as you would ever want to get. I'm no expert on this, you may want to post in the technical column. Good luck, Ed

Posts: 328 | Location: Sovereign Republic of Texas-Beaumont | Member Since: 01-15-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post