Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Happy camping Spiegel
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
Picture of Kris & Tina Jones
posted Hide Post
Tina and I want to thank you all for your kind words.
quote:
I too had to put down my 17 year old dog on Monday.
17 years holy smokes!! That is a bionic dog!

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
Kris and Tina.... You are not alone.... My dog has been very lethargic theese last couple days so we took him to the Vet today.... They did an x-ray and found a tumor bigger then a softball and said he needed surgery.... It was gonna cost $1300.... I thought about it and felt that we owed him that and since he cant speak for himself I told them just do it.... Well.... They called about an hour later and the tumor was not on his spleen as thought but rather on his liver and was inoperable.... Rather then have them piece him back together so we could bring him home to suffer while we watched him die I told them to go ahead and put him to sleep without waking him first.... I just finished burying him in my backyard and can hardly see theese keys to type.... I know how you feel....
Oh.... he was 11 and was born in my living room, I had his father for 14 years....

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/17
Picture of Lou
posted Hide Post
For Kris and Tina; Doug and Cloudy...

Posts: 467 | Location: Allegan, MI. | Member Since: 08-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dangit Patch I am so sorry to hear that. What terrible news. If it is any consolation at all, you can bet the dog felt no pain at the end and it sure beats the long, slow, and painfull route many dogs take. All you could do is love em and take care of them the best you can. My sincerest condolences to you and Cloudy on your loss.

Dangit Lou, Tina and I cried enough with the forst poem from C and C! Thanks so much all the same and it is beautifull.

Posts: 486 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Member Since: 02-13-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
our hearts go out to you all, Kris, Tina, Doug and Cloudy and everybody that lost their beloved fourlegged friend. So much heartache, sooo sad. They are truly your best friends.

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/09
Picture of T&T&B
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear of everyone's losses. For a little (or big) four legged creature, we two legged creatures get really attached. It IS like losing a member of the family, as they become family, working their way into our hearts and managing to ALWAYS maintain that special place.

Hopefully, your days will become brighter. I KNOW that there is a doggie heaven where they can retire to, where they feel no pain or hunger or sadness.

Reflect on the GOOD times, and as we all know, a BARTH pet is a pampered pet, just imagine the stories that they are telling right now about their camping trips. NONE of the other dogs will believe them and they have the greatest respect, and envy.... Superman

Tina

36' Barth Regency
3208 Cat 250 HP
Allison 4 speed Transmission, Gillig Chassis
"If it ain't a CAT it's a DOG"

Posts: 142 | Location: South Florida - La Belle | Member Since: 03-21-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain. So nice to have met the old girl in Milford. She was definately Tina's girl. or was it the other way around. No matter, a loss of this proportion is heavy & I am saddened to hear of it & then of Patch & Cloudys loss as well.
I remember reading Billy Graham & I quote "I think God will have prepared everything for our perfect happiness. If it takes my dog being there [in Heaven], I believe he’ll be there." Rev. Billy Graham These words have comforted me over the years & I hope they comfort you guys.
Tere

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the loss of you friends. I had to put Max down 4 years ago. That was the hardest thing to do. He is in my front yard. Yes I'm teary eyed as well.
He was a 4-wheeling/tenting/outdoor loving dog. I still miss him.
Today we have Daisy who has grown into our hearts. I hope someday you will also find a friend.

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09
Picture of robert and kimberly delucia
posted Hide Post
well this might seem cold {i have seven rottweillers} ill spend what it takes to save any of them .. but if its not gonna improve his life or he ll suffer hes down!! just spent 700 dollars to have my youngest have eye surgery!!and it greatly improved his life! dont want to see them suffer !!

Posts: 204 | Location: unionville tennessee | Member Since: 10-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Picture of Mary Ray
posted Hide Post
Robert and Kimberly, I agree with you and think most pet owners agree also. I have a blind, deaf dog but he eats, sleeps and gets around well and enjoys playing with the other five that I have. But when the time comes I will "do my duty".

Mary

Don't mess with us old folks, we don't get old by being stupid!
1968 Barth trailer, 1975 Barth Motorhome and 1985 Barth Motorhome

Posts: 1603 | Location: Obion, TN/Memphis, TN | Member Since: 11-23-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I was sent some additional photos of Spiegel. These brought an instant smile to my face when I first saw them because I remember Spiegel in this pose when I bent over to pet her...

I kind of thought her ears were helping her surf farther than her leash would allow her to travel and I chuckled to myself back in Milford, so I thought I would share them with the rest of you.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey ,..these are great Pictures! Who took them? Thanks so much for posting!

"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Billy T took these images and are originally 3008 x 2000. I've got a bunch of his other photos, that I'll be posting soon, of the Milford GTG.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fantastic! Thanks so much Billy and Bill! Smiler