Tools
Reply To This Topic

Rude awakening
 Login now/Join our community

Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted
This is what I woke up to this morning, MAY 15!
So much for yard work…

It is so cold the Robins are in the feeder!

This may be very bad for the cherry crop, as the fruit trees are in blossom. head bang

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5156 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Snow and hail all the way down to Grand Rapids!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
It is your fault Steve Thumbs Down for leaving the warm weather in Florida. Next time bring the warm back north with you. Silly boy! hide

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted Hide Post
Loving it. Greetings from refreshing Wisconsin. Clear blue skies

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/22
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
What??? You don't even live in Minnesnowta? We had a hard freeze.

Funny on Friday Night they were projecting frost/freeze and everyone covered their tender plants. It did not materialize. Saturday night they projected and everyone thought that was a lot of work so we won't do it again. deadhorse Of course it Froze. Lynn covered hers! Superman

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
8000 watt Quiet Diesel Generator
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1380 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
That's PURE Michigan!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/11
Picture of Tom Loughney
posted Hide Post
When I lived in Coleman Michigan I gave the garden a head start nearly every year...Planting May 10-15th or so. If I remember 6 years out of 10 I needed to replant anything that was above ground. But after the vicious winters it felt good to play in the dirt....

Tom Loughney
Barthless....

Posts: 202 | Location: Thailand  | Member Since: 03-31-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
That is just one of the reasons I moved to the Left Coast. I got very tired of blue fingers when outside or even in an unheated garage working on my equipment and race vehicles.

Now I don't even have to winterize the Breakaway. Just have top make sure no leaks.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2176 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/16
posted Hide Post
Took one look at Steve's pics and got chills! We didn't get snow here in IN but it did get COLD!
Ed-no fair!!! We lived on the Left Coast (10 years) before moving here just west of Sac-Of-Tomatoes (Sacto) and really miss all of the exploring, hiking, skiing, real mountains (Sierras) and bare toes in the wet sand of the Pacific!!! If we wanted to play in the cold and snow, it was a 2 1/2 hr trip up I-80 to Boreal, Alpine Meadows or another hour to Squaw, Mogul, Reno (gamble hee, hee, Hot August Night!), ski, get wet and cold and go back to the warm valley......sigh! Miss Yosemite, Lassen, Mojave, etc....We have family still there and a son and his family just moved to notheastern Oregon by the Columbia River-we are planning to see him and his REAL soon...as soon as our Barth is ready. Thanks for the push!!!!
And, you're in Los Gatos!!!! Know your area-I used to drive thru on 101 to get daughter at spring break from UCSB...what a wonderful drive! I never noticed it was 7 hours!
Miss this great state-not the population.
Here in IN, we're hoping for a pleasant summer..too many mentions of violent weather for us...ready to move and head West.

Thanks for the memories.....
Steve: hopefully this is the last of Old Man Winter!

Posts: 77 | Location: IN | Member Since: 09-30-2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Water supply is a little spooky on the lower left coast.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1183 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
quote:

Water supply is a little spooky on the lower left coast.

That is what all the politicians say but the reservoirs are all nearly full and staying that way!

We don't have a water shortage problem or a pollution problem, we have a population problem. We are continuing to pack more and more people into areas that can not support the levels of usage and needs.

Traffic in Northern CA is approaching the density of Southern CA.

Yes there are lot of things to like about CA and that of course is why people flock here!

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2176 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
A few year ago I did a Fly & Ride trip to Cal. Left Dayton 6am Sunday. Arrived S.F. at 11am. Bike shop transport waiting at airport. On road by Noon. 5 days and 1500 mile later back to shop. 2 hr. later back on silver bird to Dayton. Rode Rt. 1 to Red Woods then back south to L.A. following Rt.1 most the way. Riding during the weekdays had very little traffic. What a Road Rt. 1 is running down the coast. Not sure I would want to drive it in the Barth. No strait section and lots of up and down. Hoping to make a 6-8 week trip in the coach some day to the west coast.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post