Forums    Misc. and Other Stuff    sojeep automatic for a toad?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

sojeep automatic for a toad?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09
Picture of robert and kimberly delucia
posted
hey guys totalled my jeep .. found an automatic can this be a toad..???looking at it in the morning tks...

Posts: 204 | Location: unionville tennessee | Member Since: 10-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Which Jeep? If it's a Wrangler it can be, there is a procedure to put the transfer case in neutral and you're good to go even with the auto.

Corey

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jsloan
posted Hide Post
I have an automatic Wrangler that was a toad and shall be again soon I hope!

~Jeff~

1984 28' Regal P30

Posts: 148 | Location: Mississippi | Member Since: 09-13-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Check the owner's handbook. It will tell you if the year and model you are looking at is flat towable.

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have an 87 Wagoneer 4x4 with auto tranny that we can tow 4 down as fast and as far as we want.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Should have added, always check the owners manual to be sure if you can tow and what you need to do to do it right.

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09
Picture of robert and kimberly delucia
posted Hide Post
hey shadow do u just put trans in neutral ive totalled my jeep have found nice auto good deal need for toad tks

Posts: 204 | Location: unionville tennessee | Member Since: 10-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted Hide Post
On my 04 wrangler the auto trans is in park and the transfer case is in neutral.

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the 87s there is the command trac and select trac 4x4 systems and the procedure is a little different depending on which one you have. With mine i put the tranny in park and the transfer case in neutral and unlock the ignition.

posted Hide Post
And as a note of caution, Always check the owners manual!!! We have friends that bought a new Jeep Liberty a couple of years ago and he thought he knew how his tranny and transfer case should be set for towing. He did NOT check the book first......$4000 later he had a new tranny. His wife was not happy. Smiler

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
I had a '91 Festiva 4 spd. as a towd, just hook the sucker up put the x-mission in neut and drive off the 454 never knew it was back there

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
P.S. that was my mini minor before BMW revived the name

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post