Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Weather Contrast
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of carlflack
posted
All the folks up North are bogged down with snow, ice, cold air, auto accidents, etc. Here in SW Florida we broke the record with 91 degrees but complained about the a/c units working overtime, visiting grandkids wanting more beach time, etc. However tomorrow will be a better day. The high will only get to 88 degrees due to the clouds and possible showers, but the kids might have to stay inside....Carl

Former owner of "THE TOY"
1988 Barth Regal SE 33' Tag
1992 Barth Breakaway 32'
2005 Coachmen Mirada 32' DS

Posts: 592 | Location: North Fort Myers, Florida, USA | Member Since: 11-20-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I started the loadout and prep on the Barth today - "only" 78° - but 98% humidity. I was soaked with sweat after two cartloads...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Weather here can't make up it's mind. Sunday 12/19 Augusta, GA recorded an all time high temperature for that day in history. 86 degrees!!! The next day, Monday the high temperature was cut exactly in half. 43 degrees. Who knows whats next?

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Our fall has been wildly variable as well. Mid Nov we had a record day 68 degrees. By 24 hours later the temp was down to 28 and we had 8 inches of snow! A week later that snow was all gone.

Then Dec 8 and 60 inches later it finally stopped the 19th. Temps all 20 degrees below normal. We are back to 30 today about normal.

I'm hoping we get a break until we leave in late January. Hang on!

Have Barth, will travel, soon Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
The weather for the GTG was near perfect, but the following weekend, which was in the running while planning, turned cold and nasty. It quickly warmed back up and as Carl and Rusty said, it's pretty much stayed that way. Supposed to be mid 80s for Christmas day. Hope we don't pay for this later on, especially with Steve and Liz with an even BIGGER Barth hauling the cold air down here.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
There is room on top for more snow, too. Mischief

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post