Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Oldies But Goodies
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted
Back in the '70's, when the motorhome industry was coming into its own, there were some attempts at high-end coaches that I think are still impressive today....While Winnie, Champion, Open Roads and others slugged it out for the the entry level market, Barth was competing against units like Avco & King's Highway, among others.....

Right now there are two prime examples currently listed on e-Bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KINGS-HIGHWAY-35-FT-DELU...mZ180011883298QQrdZ1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Class-A-TOURING-CRUISER-...mZ150016616307QQrdZ1

For anyone who enjoys motorhoming's Golden Years, they're work a look.....While these ophans are now few and far between, we keep buying and selling Barths to each other - I think that says something about our choice.

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Old Man and No Barth
posted Hide Post
That Avco is a beauty. I've always liked them & the later Apollos. If I didn't have the Barth I'd be tempted.

Posts: 1421 | Location: Upper Left Corner | Member Since: 10-28-2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
Roy,

Apparantly lot's of people share your appreciation of the Avco - It went for $11.1k...Not bad for a 28 year old unit....

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post