Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

FLO TV
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted
Has anyone any experience with this new gizmo?
From what I understand (not much) you subscribe to it and with a special TV you can watch it anywhere. Confused

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
I saw a buddy yesterday that sells and installs high-end audio-visual in cars and he just became a dealer for Flo. It uses cell phone towers to transmit signals. It can be used with any TV or you can get a little one from them for airport use etc. Right now they have about 15 channels but plan to keep adding more. It's about 10 bucks a month, about what premium cable was when it first came out. Wink I plan to stop by his shop and take a closer look and I'll tell you more when I do.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Tim&Gayle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Flo

from ther site
http://www.flotv.com/help/faq/...faq#secondary-screen

Can I connect my FLO TV™ Personal Television to another screen, such as a TV or computer?
No. The FLO TV Personal Television does not have a video output connection. In addition, the size and format of the video is compressed specifically for the FLO TV Personal Television.

alex my grandson
we snuck away over the
holidays for a little fun

Posts: 89 | Location: orlando florida | Member Since: 04-23-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
I watched a little FLO-TV on my parents cell phone the other night. I thought to myself that it looked good but the screen size was too small to be viable for me. Looking on the website for FLO didn't give me any reason to believe that I could get a much bigger screen either.

I clicked on the link for where to buy so I'll be stopping by this week to check it out anyway.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Bones
posted Hide Post
I was excited about Flo when I first read about it being released until I saw there was no video out on the unit.

While the service isn't the same, I'm looking at an Archos 5 Internet Tablet. You can get a DVR dock for it and stock up on content with no subscription fees. It also has optional GPS and has HDMI out so connecting to a bigger screen is no problem. It uses the Android OS.

I just don't know if it works as good as it sounds, time will tell.

Archos

Regal 25 built in 1989
1985 P-30 chassis
454 TH400

Posts: 212 | Location: Somewhere in the SW | Member Since: 03-06-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post