Tools
Reply To This Topic

1971 27 foot Class A
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/17
Picture of Duane88
posted
$1000 call Ricky Phone 563 380 8566

I am trying to help this fellow Iowan sell this coach, it is located in in eastern Iowa and I have seen it. To big of a refurbish job for me or I would buy it myself, depending on distance I might even consider getting it running and delivering it to the right buyer.

Has not run in at least 5 years, 350 GM engine. dents in exterior, interior trashed, cabinets and toilet probably ok though. Old small windshields, both have stone chips in the center. Epoxy repair might be possible.

25 Ft Glassnose, 2792, 1982
454 Engine
Plain Jane Interior
Original Paint
Picture by Kevin

Posts: 575 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/18
Picture of Kevin
posted Hide Post
Wow Duane, Thanks for getting the DATA TAG!. Looks like a real project. First Barth I ever saw with only 3 digits in the build number. If only that Barth could tell a story. Maybe it would be better parted out?

Posts: 3271 | Location: Northeast , Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin:
Wow Duane, Thanks for getting the DATA TAG!. Looks like a real project. First Barth I ever saw with only 3 digits in the build number. If only that Barth could tell a story. Maybe it would be better parted out?

No let's not part her out, look at her age, deserves a new start, I bet there are not more than a dozen left alive. I bet with a days work she would roll down the road under her own power, might not stop but then one can't have everything in one day... Take a close at the side windows no exterior rubber they look like new!! Tooling Along

454 Engine
Plain Jane Interior
Original Paint
Picture by Kevin

Posts: 575 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you let me join the Barth club? I'd like to buy it and restore it you guys know best what should I offer?

Posts: 5 | Location: New Auburn Wi | Member Since: 03-04-2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kevin
posted Hide Post
I doubt it will go for less than what the owner is asking. It is worth that in scrap aluminum. Take your tow truck down there and get it.$1000 call Ricky Phone 563 380 8566

Posts: 3271 | Location: Northeast , Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice guy, I did talk to him he did say you came and looked at it. I can't do nothing till storm passes. Since you seen it about how much work you think it will take to at least make it useable? I really appreciate all your help in advance.

Posts: 5 | Location: New Auburn Wi | Member Since: 03-04-2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Hey SB,, Yes he is a nice guy, the Barth was his fathers, and I do believe it is worth more than he is asking.

The exterior has a few dents, if you want to fix them it will be just labor, the interior except for the driver and passenger seat and maybe the cabinets are beyond repair. even the Luan ceiling and some wall needs replacing. The windshields are in need of a repair, hard to find replacements if the epoxy fix is not possible.

I bet if you are a bit mechanical and had a day or two of nice weather you could get it running. Set up tires with a local shop and drive it home.

I really hope someone will love this ole girl.

454 Engine
Plain Jane Interior
Original Paint
Picture by Kevin

posted Hide Post
any movement on this project?

Posts: 4 | Location: los angeles | Member Since: 12-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kevin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pigneguy:
any movement on this project?
Call the owner, Ricky Phone 563 380 8566. I do not think Ricky is a member here.

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
I have not heard from Ricky in a few weeks, I guess he still has this lovely old lady! Pigneguy L.A. is quite a trip, with new tires and few days of maintenance I bet she would do the trip.

454 Engine
Plain Jane Interior
Original Paint
Picture by Kevin

posted Hide Post
I'm working on finding a shipper as my trailer is not big enough. I'm waiting on that before I make my offer and start restoring it.

Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm trying to, not sure I could make it but would loveto.

SB I bet if you just buy some tires and have them installed locally, the old girl would make it to your place with just a bit of mechanical work. As I said I would even give you a hand getting her running. You are not that far away.

454 Engine
Plain Jane Interior
Original Paint
Picture by Kevin