Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

WTB BASE PLATE AND MAYBE TOW BAR
 Login now/Join our community

posted
WTB BASE PLATE AND MAYBE TOW BAR

HOPE I AM PLACING THIS AD IN CORRECT PLACE ... ( NEWBIE)

WE PLAN TO FLAT .TOW A VW GOLF 2001 ( A VW GOLF JETTA NEW BEETLE FROM 1998.5 TO 2006 ALL GAVE SAME CHASSIS AND FRAME)

DOES ANYONE HAVE TO SELL A BASE PLATE THAT WILL WORK ... --- WE NEED TO FIND BASE PLATE FIRST THEN WILL ADD ON THE TOW BAR ETC WE ARE IN MICHIGAN AND NEW TO THIS .

Posts: 8 | Location: Royal Oak, Michigan | Member Since: 06-14-2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
Both Blue Ox and Roadmaster have them. I think a couple of other tow bar companies also.

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1053 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thank you very much ..............i am thying to see if there is one in someones garage .....i am a little thriftyer than some......we may have to spend the money ..

thank you .

Posts: 8 | Location: Royal Oak, Michigan | Member Since: 06-14-2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of Dana
posted Hide Post
Jack Tow bars are out there constantly on Craigslist because they are not specific.

Base plate is first and will dictate which towbar. The connection is different on some of them.

etrailer dot com is a place I got my base plate. They were better price than anywhere I found.

I had 3 other towbars. 2 I had canabilized for other projects. The other is good and am using it.

I have base plate for a 2004 Ford 150 4 wheel drive that will go on Craigslist soon.

This should have been probably put in swap meet. It is not a coach for sale. Not sure if you can change it but some one can. It might move.

Good Luck

Thriftier sure lets go with that. I just claim title to "The Top 10 TIGHTEST men!" in the WORLD!

Dana & Lynn
1997 38ft Monarch front entry
Spartan Mountain Master Chassis
Cummins 8.3 325hp
Allison MD-3060 6 speed
22.5 11R
Cummins Factory Exhaust Brake
9608-M0022-38MI-4C
Christened Midnight

1972 22ft
Christened Camp Barth

Posts: 1039 | Location: Waseca, Minnesota | Member Since: 12-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thank you

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
quote:
etrailer dot com

... https://www.etrailer.com/

https://www.etrailer.com/article-categories.aspx

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!
www.amway.ca/dougsmiley

Posts: 2833 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post