Forums    Barth Coaches For Sale by Members    Barths for Sale Suggestions & Buyer's Checklist
Page 1 2 3 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Barths for Sale Suggestions & Buyer's Checklist
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the asylum, er, Forums Big Grin. You most likely have a diesel pusher, and it's a 28' Breakaway with the Cummins 5.9, and front entry.

28' Breakaways didn't have much variety, although no two Barths are alike, regardless of size.

If you want to post it for sale here, a couple of hints are in order:

1. Photos. If you have problems posting, send to the Forum guru, Bill N Y, a PM and he can assist.

2. Post the info on the Data Tag, as this contains the absolute info on your coach. This is usually found on the wall behind the driver's seat, and would show something like this: 9102-3657-28FE; The first 4 digits are the year and date of manufacture, the second set of 4, the sequence in all Barths built, and the third set, the length and info on the interior layout.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anybody want to put a value on an 89 Barth Regency, 3208 Cat w/ 44k? Unit is located in Tenessess. Let me know, I can also try to post pics, just not sure how. Thanks

Posts: 2 | Location: West Texas | Member Since: 06-01-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of weeble1560
posted Hide Post
Thank-you for all this info very helpful!

Posts: 14 | Location: TOLEDO OHIO | Member Since: 08-06-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Also,it's the policy here NOT to post your Barth for sale without a transferable title in hand. No one wants to get interested in a Barth unless it's immediately salable.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of weeble1560
posted Hide Post
My dad never transfered titles to his name how hard is that going to be to sell the 2 barths?

Posts: 14 | Location: TOLEDO OHIO | Member Since: 08-06-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Check with his state tag agency; depending on how the title was signed over from the prior owner you may be able to put it directly into your name, but in any event, check with the estate's attorney. It may not be that simple.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
but in any event, check with the estate's attorney. It may not be that simple

Rusty .......hit the nail on the head.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Going to look at a 1988 20 ft Barth, ive never bought a RV but my girlfriend and I want to look at to start small for tailgating to Bengals games and short trips and figured this might be a good start.

Couple questions:

What should I look for when I go and look at this one for sale. They are asking 5,500 had 64,000 from pictures body looks good but I would need to repaint it.. OSU colors are not for me so any ideas on a two color paint job cost ?

Also the refrig is not working and sounds like AC needs some TLC. Do you think 5,5000 is a fair starting price

Posts: 1 | Location: United States | Member Since: 11-19-2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Barthmobile! At the top of this forum is this thread, with a checklist.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

posted Hide Post
I see units listed on the "for sale " section dating back over 6 years. Forgive me but I have to ask " are these still for sale" ?

Posts: 12 | Location: Edmonton AB | Member Since: 09-28-2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Some may be. They are left on the topic for general information. Only if there is a confirmed sale or the owner wants it removed is the post deleted.

email or PM the owner if you have interest in a particular Barth.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Bowers:
Note to buyers... As a courtesy please do not call the seller and attempt to bargain the price down unless you are seriously interested in the coach.
Dave suggested this more than a dozen years ago. cheers Dave's statement holds true today. Thumbs Up Let me please add, Please do not insult Thumbs Down sellers with low figures based on what others have purchased a Barth for. Our owners know what they have done to the vehicle they own. Salute So please never insult a Barth owner on the price if you have not taken the time to see the Barth personally. If a Barth is out of your personal budget, that is not a reason for the owner to reduce the price (although this can happen). If you are selling a Barth and know what you have done to the unit, please do not give it away till you get what you want.
Sellers if there is a low ball tire kicker pestering you to come off your price, please tell them to go buy a stick and staple toy.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a 1969 Barth 25 foot class A for sale, how do I post it?

Posts: 1 | Location: Clayton Ontario Canada | Member Since: 05-01-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Ron, I'm not sure but I think there is a waiting period before you can post a sale. You might put it on Craigslist and let Doug Smiley know so he could post it on sightings. Not sure this is correct.
Tim

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ron Moore:
I have a 1969 Barth 25 foot class A for sale, how do I post it?

The suggestions for selling your Barth are on this page. There is no waiting period and you can add your own link to Craigslist. When you post your phone number I will call you. You can then text me a picture of your data tag.
Check back here often to see if there are questions from potential buyers.

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post