02-07-2015, 12:34 AMChillville
Refurbished and Gorgeous 1964 Barth Travel Trailer
Hello all, I did not know these forums existed as I feel sometimes like I am the only owner of a Barth travel trailer! But, now I know I am only one of very AMAZING few!
I have listed this trailer, whom I call "Stella" on eBay but there was a tech glitch so it was removed. There were inquiries here so I thought better to put all the details here in case anyone is interested. She is for sale for $22,000 - which is what we have invested in her. So, no bartering because this is straight up and probably with more info most people would get from a 1967 trailer, much less one of the few remaining Barth's from this time -- and in this condition. She is for sale because she does not have an air conditioning unit, which my guests demand, and I do not want to chop her open to do that. Details:
- Stella is a very rare 1964 18' Barth travel trailer with a clean title. Approx. 7.5' tall x 7.5'wide
- I am not the original owner of Stella because I was born in 1972. But, I purchased her less than a year ago from her brief second owner in Salt Lake City. He had the exterior refurbished because he loved her, we had the interior refurbished for the same reason -- all of this happened in 2013/2014. Stella was delivered to me in Walla Walla, WA in July of 2014 and has since been used as a stationary vacation rental (park model).
Here is the history as we know it of this vehicle:
- Stella has had one original owner for most of her life.
- her second owner purchased her from original owner and did the exterior refurbish in 2013/14
- i purchased her in mid-2014 and did the interior refurbish.
- The only miles in that time have been delivery from Salt Lake CIty, UT to Walla Walla, WA
where Stella has been used only as a stationary vacation rental.
Refurbishing details include:
new stereo with USB and remote control
complete brake job with all new parts down to the packing plate and rewired
deoxidized and polished
tongue and bumper stripped of paint and repainted along with side vent covers
new front window shield cover
new gas tanks, regulators and lines
new battery box, battery and tow plug
re-plumbed throughout with Pex lines, new valves, etc. to all systems
new bathroom sink
sandblasted and painted stove drip pans
new spare tire, the other two have low miles and all 3 have old-school Cadillac hub caps
the interior refurbished in May 2014 by Camper Reparadise
including new countertops, flooring, upholstery and wall finishes.
The stove is original, the fridge is new.
The plumbing lines are new, quick valve for easy winterizing, all of the AC and DC power works
...currently set up as park model but there is a combined black/grey tank that can be converted
The exterior is in great condition and shines beautifully.
There are some dents and dings but nothing major. all of the windows and screens are intact and working.
The exterior running and directional lights work and have new bulbs and lenses.
Taillights are original, and have some cracks, but work great.
The original awning has been pressure washed and rolls out/sets up easily.
The trailer is a true and easy puller.
The re-plumbing was done by Heinz RV in Salt Lake City
and the polishing and interior work by Camper Reparadise in Salt Lake City
There is a stack of original brochures and manuals for this trailer - seriously!
Please send all inquiries to: email@example.com or call Pamela at 202-810-3460
Thanks for reading!
02-07-2015, 10:29 AMMogan David
Welcome to the forum. I thought yours was the trailer that had appeared multiple times before on eBay. A number of forum members have Barth trailers, as opposed to Barth motorhomes. I doubt any of them have anything close to $22K tied up in one. Unfortunately, the Barth travel trailers never seem to bring close to the price of a restored vintage Airstream.