Barthmobile Portal
Beautiful polished 1978 Barth 24'- ready to travel. $25k

This topic can be found at:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6041087061/m/4473983797

07-24-2022, 03:23 AM
Steve M
Beautiful polished 1978 Barth 24'- ready to travel. $25k
Contact Steve: 3 six 0, 4-Six-oh, 7three-five-six

It is with a heavy heart that we have decided to sell our beloved 24’ Barth. She isn’t getting out as much as she should, and a classic RV needs to be used and operated. We bought her in 2018 and drove her right home to Washington from Southern California. We’ve taken her to Idaho, Eastern WA, into Oregon, and around the Olympic Peninsula, and she’s been an awesome guest house from time to time. Since I’m fussy about details, we’ve put a lot of love, upgrades and adventures into her. All new plumbing, backup camera, lovely audio system and subwoofer, new bedroom mattress, Dometic Fridge, high-end kitchen faucet, fuel transfer pump, refurbished the original speedo head unit and new cable- the list is extensive. Just prior to our buying her, she had tires, new rooftop A/C, Fantastic fans in bath and kitchen, water heater, and an entire single-piece aluminum roof installed and professionally sealed. New toilet, new gray and black tanks and dump plumbing. She has a well-running 4kw Onan generator-original to the coach. The pull-down bed sleeps a 6’ 1” dude quite comfortably, and the short queen in the back now has an excellent luxe mattress. The dinette is one-of-a kind, and the inside is in amazing original shape. I had the upholstery fixed on the captain’s chairs and they’re like new now.

P-30 Chassis. GM 454 big block with a Turbo 400 transmission, so anyone can work on it. No leaks or drips in either and is in excellent running shape. Dual 50-gallon fuel tanks with updated transfer gear. On the chassis, she has new shocks, bell crank (steering), and steering stabilizer, and had her underside inspected and serviced by both an RV shop and a commercial vehicle shop. She can pull trailers with little effort, and she is a perfect fit for someone with a bit of tinkering or classic car sense, or looking for a one-of-a-kind rig with aluminum ribs and skin. She was clearly owned by someone very meticulous in her earlier years.

We have some serious memories and attachment to this girl, and have been putting off selling her. She drives quietly, smoothly and well, and was an expensive, premium coach in her time. Sometimes I just take her for a twilight drive so I can stick my elbow out the sliding cab window and grin my way down highway 101. We have easily put $20k into her since we bought her, as well as touched up the polish. I’ll also throw in the professional drum polisher and polish I bought to do it. The house batteries are ok, but you might choose to update them. The carpet needs to be steam-cleaned also. Mostly she’s just ready to roll. She gets the same MPG as modern RVs- 8 to 12-depending on conditions. 104k miles. $25k.

Here are links to her last two listings on Barthmobile, and they give a very detailed history going back a long way.

2018 for sale posting:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...583956197#3583956197

2009 for sale posting: https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...503956197#9503956197

07-24-2022, 03:45 AM
Steve M
Here is a link to a OneDrive album with recent pics. I'm struggling to find the way to post photos directly on the site.

https://1drv.ms/a/s!Ak1omeWQVONngod8YQPVJnvcq5Ks_A
06-07-2023, 01:47 PM
polargtx
Is this still available. I am interested.

Thanks
Mark
06-07-2023, 02:24 PM
Steve M
Hi Mark. Yes it is. Thought it might go recently but still available. I’m getting more flexible on the pricing, FYI. -Steve
06-21-2023, 02:42 PM
Steve M
UPDATE: LOWERING PRICE to $18,500 asking. I've had some very interested lookers, but she's still for sale. Lack of use is hard on old stuff, so I'd really like to get her sold. -Steve

quote:
Originally posted by Steve M:
Contact Steve: 3 six 0, 4-Six-oh, 7three-five-six

It is with a heavy heart that we have decided to sell our beloved 24’ Barth. She isn’t getting out as much as she should, and a classic RV needs to be used and operated. We bought her in 2018 and drove her right home to Washington from Southern California. We’ve taken her to Idaho, Eastern WA, into Oregon, and around the Olympic Peninsula, and she’s been an awesome guest house from time to time. Since I’m fussy about details, we’ve put a lot of love, upgrades and adventures into her. All new plumbing, backup camera, lovely audio system and subwoofer, new bedroom mattress, Dometic Fridge, high-end kitchen faucet, fuel transfer pump, refurbished the original speedo head unit and new cable- the list is extensive. Just prior to our buying her, she had tires, new rooftop A/C, Fantastic fans in bath and kitchen, water heater, and an entire single-piece aluminum roof installed and professionally sealed. New toilet, new gray and black tanks and dump plumbing. She has a well-running 4kw Onan generator-original to the coach. The pull-down bed sleeps a 6’ 1” dude quite comfortably, and the short queen in the back now has an excellent luxe mattress. The dinette is one-of-a kind, and the inside is in amazing original shape. I had the upholstery fixed on the captain’s chairs and they’re like new now.

P-30 Chassis. GM 454 big block with a Turbo 400 transmission, so anyone can work on it. No leaks or drips in either and is in excellent running shape. Dual 50-gallon fuel tanks with updated transfer gear. On the chassis, she has new shocks, bell crank (steering), and steering stabilizer, and had her underside inspected and serviced by both an RV shop and a commercial vehicle shop. She can pull trailers with little effort, and she is a perfect fit for someone with a bit of tinkering or classic car sense, or looking for a one-of-a-kind rig with aluminum ribs and skin. She was clearly owned by someone very meticulous in her earlier years.

We have some serious memories and attachment to this girl, and have been putting off selling her. She drives quietly, smoothly and well, and was an expensive, premium coach in her time. Sometimes I just take her for a twilight drive so I can stick my elbow out the sliding cab window and grin my way down highway 101. We have easily put $20k into her since we bought her, as well as touched up the polish. I’ll also throw in the professional drum polisher and polish I bought to do it. The house batteries are ok, but you might choose to update them. The carpet needs to be steam-cleaned also. Mostly she’s just ready to roll. She gets the same MPG as modern RVs- 8 to 12-depending on conditions. 104k miles. $25k.

Here are links to her last two listings on Barthmobile, and they give a very detailed history going back a long way.

2018 for sale posting:
https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...583956197#3583956197

2009 for sale posting: https://www.barthmobile.com/eve...503956197#9503956197

06-25-2023, 12:38 AM
polargtx
I am interested , you should contact me
06-27-2023, 08:06 PM
Steve M
Mark, how do I contact you? I don't see your number or email. My phone is spelled out in letters/words at the top of the original post.-Steve

quote:
Originally posted by polargtx:
I am interested , you should contact me

08-27-2023, 01:37 AM
jayskerdoo
Well, this coach is sold, to me! Thanks Steve M for letting me carry on the legacy of this awesome coach! It’s currently en-route back to the Midwest with me (Chicago), via Denver. Already have 1,300+ trouble free miles under us. I’ll post some photos from the journey shortly.

Very excited to be a part of this awesome community.
08-27-2023, 09:30 AM
Steve VW
Sweet! Glad to hear the sale worked out. Happy trails, keep in touch.

Have Barth, will travel Tooling Along

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp