Forums    Barth Coaches For Sale by Members    1985 Barth Regal - Updated 4/3/21
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

1985 Barth Regal - Updated 4/3/21
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/21
Picture of HeartBarths
posted
Hello, ** PICS IN "Pictures of my Barth" **

4/3/21

Koehler generator works, electric awning, air ride, tires about 7 yrs old (thanks Craig). Engine needs work. May drain oil pan and see what comes out.

Interior blue and gray. Cared for and in nice shape, countertop blender, Large nice shower, twin beds in back, beautiful woodwork, small sleeper sofa near front and captains chairs.

With two RV's, its time to simplify. Asking $5,500 obo.

Thanks.

Posts: 49 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Member Since: 08-06-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
BARTH made neither a P30 nor a P31. hmm Those are merely GM chassis designations. What is coach length?
Please post the data from the tag alongside the driver’s seat. Tooling Along

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
This is the SE 31-A floor plan. The "top" on the engine was overhauled about 50000 miles ago and the chassis has about 104000 miles on it. She has a lot of maintenance files. No leveling jacks. $6000. That seems like a fair price to me.
It's a P37 of course ROTFLMAO
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
31 ft tag axle? Bill H had one. Shortest tag we know of. Good chassis.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5157 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/19
Picture of Mogan David
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve VW:
31 ft tag axle? Bill H had one. Shortest tag we know of. Good chassis.

must scrub really bad in turns hmm

Posts: 2005 | Location: Jackson, Michigan, USA | Member Since: 04-18-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mogan David:
must scrub really bad in turns hmm

My 33 would scrub a bit when tight parking but never noticed it on the road...

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5157 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
She sent me some pics but to the best of my recollection, it is not a tag axle. Interior looked nice. Exterior needed a little work. But she has some files

Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
The SE designation refers to the tag axle. Also, the data tag will show a "T" following the length; 31T, 33T etc.

So this appears to be simply a 31ft Regal. Doorman has one like it. The later Regals used the Ford/Oshkosh chassis for the 31 models.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Right, Steve. My bad.

Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B

Picture of HeartBarths
posted Hide Post
4/4/21

Yes, Barth is for sale! Serious inquiries only.

Thank you!

Posts: 49 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Member Since: 08-06-2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Made trip to check out 1985 Regal. From what I can tell ever thing else works , but the engine. The coach looks it was cared for. I was not looking at it to buy, but to give my opinion on what the next step should be. At this point it viewed as needing an engine. This Coach is needing an owner that has skills to repair/replace engine. I don't see this as a money pit or any thing. tires 2015 date codes. under carriage looks good. between being a little cold and late in the day I did not spend any time trying to get engine turn over. Does not have leveling system but does have rear airbags. I hope this can find new home. Has only been sitting thru the winter. Don't think you would not be wasting a trip to look at this Coach. Hoping seller has good luck in finding buyer for this Coach. There is a file folder with info on this coach. I think this could b a good buy for the right person.

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HeartBarths
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doorman:
Made trip to check out 1985 Regal. (See above post for entirety). I hope this can find new home. Has only been sitting thru the winter. Don't think you would not be wasting a trip to look at this Coach. Hoping seller has good luck in finding buyer for this Coach. There is a file folder with info on this coach. I think this could b a good buy for the right person.

Thanks Doorman!!! I appreciate you coming out and sharing your thoughts on my Barth and the breakdown on how to take the engine apart from the inside or from underneath - great info to have! For the next owner, enough on my plate for now! Happy Easter!

Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted Hide Post
I've seen lots of shows on the Motortrend channel, and those shows are often about putting recent engines in classic muscle cars. So that gets me thinking about someone finding an 8.1L electronically controlled GM big block, with the computer controlled 4L85E or the Allison transmission, and putting it in this.

But it would be much nicer for the next owner to find that there is a "simple answer" to the problem. My rig was making strange noises, due to rust holes in the smog tubes at one point.

Good luck!
Matt

1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust

Posts: 523 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HeartBarths
posted Hide Post
But it would be much nicer for the next owner to find that there is a "simple answer" to the problem. My rig was making strange noises, due to rust holes in the smog tubes at one point.

Good luck!
Matt[/QUOTE]

Matt,

I completely agree and am hopeful! Heck, I think I'm going to buy a 454 manual and have at it if it doesn't sell. If I can fix an engine, I can do anything! Doorman explained you can take it apart from inside OR bottle jack up the front and loosen something to move wheels to get it out. That saves a heck of a towing bill! So cool there is this wonderful site of resources. I guess my biggest worry is that animals would get in during the deconstruction process.

Thanks for the inspiration!

posted Hide Post
Is this sold?

Posts: 3 | Location: VA | Member Since: 07-04-2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post