Forums    Star Gazing & Other Non Automotive Hobbies    Something to munch on for your next gtg
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Something to munch on for your next gtg
 Login now/Join our community

posted
This is a black bean dip and is good with white corn tortilla chips.

2 cans black beans, drained
1/4 to 1/2 cup tahini
2 tablespoons tamari or to taste
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 or 3 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon cumin

Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth and creamy. You may need to scrape the sides and/or add water to get it all blended.

This makes about 3 cups - you may make one-half of this recipe. It is best made a day ahead but is definitely edible as soon as you scrape it out of the blender. It will keep several days in the refrigerator but you may have to make it just for yourself in order to have any to keep for a while.

If you should happen to have any left over or planned over, it is good on flour tortillas with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, chopped onions, shredded cheese, etc, similar to a taco.

Note: Tahini (toasted sesame seeds that have been ground - looks like peanut butter) is in the Greek section of your grocery store.

Enjoy,
Susan

PS - yes, I take it to my astronomy club and starparties as they ask me to. Smiler They like it very much.

Posts: 19 | Location: NW Pennsylvania | Member Since: 04-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
Sounds good.

Kinda like a Cuban hummus (with black beans instead of chickpeas), huh?

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post