Tools
Reply To This Topic

Meteor Showers
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted
The Lyrids kick off the meteor shower season.

http://www.skyandtelescope.com...gn=sky-jma-nl-180420

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jazzy
posted Hide Post
Hello Rusty, I am a new member of the forum. I would like to speak with you about a possible inspection, if possible. Could you PM me? I can't PM you bc I don't have the rights, yet. Thanks. Yasmin (Jazzy)

Posts: 2 | Location: Oviedo, FL | Member Since: 07-11-2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Sure. Inspection of what? I do have a direct line to one of the world's foremost meteorite experts.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jazzy
posted Hide Post
Hi- of an RV, not stars :-). I posted here to see if I could reach out to you directly. My husband and I live ~2.5 hrs away from you, and were considering an RV close to where you live. But we've been doing quite a bit of reading, and we realized we need more time to figure things out. We were happy to know you were not too far from us and were hoping maybe we could reach out to you directly when the time for an inspection came (if local). My email is tchio@earthlink.net. BTW I also like stargazing. I have a Celestron NexStar 8SE which I used a few yrs ago but that I am not using much anymore. It sure looks pretty in my library...

Posts: 2 | Location: Oviedo, FL | Member Since: 07-11-2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'll wait to hear...

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Perseids 8/12-13/18

Perseids are sprinkled around right now, but the most intense (60-70/hr) are expected late Sunday through early Monday.

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
https://www.amsmeteors.org/met...eor-shower-calendar/

Meteor Shower Calendar 2020-2021

A meteor shower is a celestial event in which a number of meteors are observed to radiate, or originate, from one point in the night sky called Radiant.
These meteors are caused by streams of cosmic debris called meteoroids entering Earth's atmosphere at extremely high speeds on parallel trajectories.
The Meteor Data Center of the IAU lists over 900 suspected meteor showers of which about 100 are well established.

The meteor showers listed below are the easiest to observe and provide the most activity.
Particular attention should be noted to the time and moonlight conditions.
All these showers are best seen after midnight.
Some are not even visible until after midnight.
Showers that peak with the moon’s phase greater than one half illuminated (first quarter to last quarter) will be affected by moonlight and difficult to observe.

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
https://earthsky.org/tonight/l...ore-dawn-november-17

2020, the moon will display a waxing crescent phase, and set at early evening, to provide moon-free skies nearly all night long.

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post