Forums    Star Gazing & Other Non Automotive Hobbies    Couple of star gazer things
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Couple of star gazer things
 Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted
Found this info about some interesting skywatcher happennings over the next few days.
http://reference.aol.com/space/main?ncid=AOLRNL00140000000009

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3476 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Kewl - oddly enough, I returned today from the Georgia Sky View north of Macon, GA, and because we were out in the boonies, no one heard anything about it. I did get some spectacular views of Saturn at 500X (among other objects...

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rusty and All,

Went to the North East Astronomy Fourm in New York State. Came home with a Celestron CPC 1100! Temtation was everywhere. Now I have to figure out how to travel with it.

Jim

Posts: 41 | Location: Ashby, Massachusetts | Member Since: 06-16-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Great choice! I've been reading on cloudynights.com of the loot people secured.

I have a NexStar 11 GPS/Fastar, and I'd sell my TOA-130 on the NJP before I'd part with the N11.

The N11 rides in a JMI case in the starboard basement compartment; I had to grind off 1/4" of the feet so it would make it. The tripod goes alongside the bed. BTW, if you're considering a JMI case, note that the hinge tends to rust very easily, and makes the case a bear to open (2 other owners had the same complaint). I sent mine back to JMI, and for a few bucks they installed a stainless steel hinge - not a problem since.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rusty,

Thanks for the JMI info. Still no first light as I have to re-configure the home observatory to get it set up.

Jim

Posts: 41 | Location: Ashby, Massachusetts | Member Since: 06-16-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post