Forums    Star Gazing & Other Non Automotive Hobbies    Calling all Star Gazers - List your Star Parties
Page 1 2 
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Calling all Star Gazers - List your Star Parties
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Susan, (who is the onliest Barthmobile forum member who would unnerstand), say "Hello" to my new fren' (SV-105/650)

[note: image detach from servers 9/7/09]

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awww Rusty, you have such nice frenz! You must have really fine parties with them when you stargaze.

When/where is your next starparty?

Susan

Posts: 19 | Location: NW Pennsylvania | Member Since: 04-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I do have some nice friends - and one of them has a 42" Dob, which I'll look through in November.

Next is Nebraska Star Party, 7/23-29, 30 miles SW of Valentine, NE, the nearest town (pop 3,000). Nearest town to the south is Thedford, pop. 250, 65 miles. Pretty dark.

After that is the Peach State Star Gaze (actually not in the Peach State at all, but about 8 miles east of Ducktown, TN) 10/16-22.

I'll be at the Chiefland Star Party 11/12-26 (come early, leave late).

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi To All,

We will be taking our 1987 Barth to the Stelfane convention on July 27-29 in Springfield VT. On board will be our new Celestron 102 SLT 4" refractor. Over 1,000 amateur astronomers will be there! See you all there.

Gail & Jim

Posts: 41 | Location: Ashby, Massachusetts | Member Since: 06-16-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Stellafane is indeed one of the best (so I'm told - it always conflicts with the Nebraska Star Party...). Some day I'd love to go to a star party where I wouldn't have to run the A/C - what a novelty! I only wish Stellafane were longer - I like 'em about a week.

I've never seen (much less looked through) a C102 SLT, but I hear really great things about it both optically and mechanically. One of my friends has a Newt on the same basic mount, and it's absolutely superb...GOTO is dead on and it's smooth and quiet.

You have a great M/H, a great scope, so all I can add is..."Clear Skies"! Big Grin

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke

posted Hide Post
Rusty,

Thanks for all the kind words. Yes I would like to have star parties that last at least a week what with the weather we are having in the North East! We have 2 other parties in August & Conjunction and Arunah Hills both in Massachusetts. We are planing a big trip to the south west this winter just to have clear skies and maby less snow.

Jim

Posts: 41 | Location: Ashby, Massachusetts | Member Since: 06-16-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got back fro Stellafane! Friday night viewing was excellent. There were about 1,000 Amateurs and a few hundred scopes.The Springfield Amateur Telescope Makers who host it had the 2 days chuck full of events. They "may" have entrance start on Thursday next year August 9, 2007.

Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I'm at my sister's in NW MO after NSP, which was superb (as usual). Only Wednesday was clouded out, but the wind was awfully brisk the entire time. Transparency ranged in the 8+ range, but seeing was iffy (7-8, poor for NSP).

Rusty

- Arthur C. Clarke