Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Playoff Time
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/18
Picture of crouch38
posted
Tomorrow will start the BEST hockey of the year. cant wait , let the games begin . Now if we could only get Crosby back. im picking the Pens to win the first round in 5 matches over Tampa Bay. Who is everybody else rooting for . LETS GO PENS Bob

Year:: 1986
Model:: Barth Regal
Length:: 25 ft
Engine:: New Chevy 454 HO
Chassis:: P-30
Data Tag Number:: 8606 3339 25FP2

Posts: 262 | Location: Wampum , Pa | Member Since: 02-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Go! Leafs Go! ... well maybe next year! Of course I've been saying that since 1967!
When we were in Phoenix we went to a Leaf's -Coyotes game. Great seats for $30 bucks. ... Couldn't get those seats in Toronto for twice that; but of course couldn't get seats in Toronto at all since they sell out every game!
Hilarious situation in Phoenix when a Canadian team plays the Coyotes... there were more people wearing their Leaf sweaters than Coyote fans! The folks parked next to us were from a town 15 miles from Niagara Falls!
I have been a Bruins fan since I was a kid in Oshawa and watched Bobby Orr play all his junior hockey for the Oshawa Generals. Hope they beat the Canadiens.
Don't really care who wins that much as long as it isn't Montreal!

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Our Lightning team is healthy, on their game right now, and we have 2 great goalies that coach Guy will swap out in a heartbeat if one's not having his best night. Vinnie is healthy and skating great. The Penguins are not going to coast through the first round. I'll put up a box of oranges, got any good homemade keilbasa up there?

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
I am quietly rooting for the Flyers. At one point during the season I would have bet on them against anybody in a 7 game series. Now, I'm not sure. But I will be watching every game! Got tickets for Thursday nights opener against Buffalo...LET'S GO FLYERS!!!
As far as the East is concerned, I think the toughest series in the first round is going to be Pittsburgh-Tampa Bay. I believe Washington will NOT get upset in the first round this year and will beat the Rangers. The Boston-Montreal will be a physical battle with Boston coming out on top. Wait, didn't we say that last year about Montreal as they took out the first and second seeded teams?
I don't follow the West as much as the East, so the only team that I am aware of as the "team to beat" is Vancouver. They have played well this year. But never give up on Detroit, as they find ways to win in the playoffs. And there are a couple of young teams that could give any of them a run for the cup in the West.
It's hockey playoff time...anything can, and probably will, happen!

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Bruins fan here! My first love in sports is Hockey. Played till I was in my 30s. Grew up in Maine, a sports annex of Canada.

We're playing Montreal in first round, this is one of those intense rivalries that stretches back a century. I love Hockey enough that I can even root for the other team when they are playing better Hockey. In other sports I'm a blind fan to my colors. I'll be rooting for the Lightening too, can probably catch those games on the tellee.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/10
Picture of Reado
posted Hide Post
Go Canucks go ! ! Bring on the Blackhawks ! !

Posts: 60 | Location: Agassiz, BC Canada | Member Since: 07-19-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
You Yanks might not know we have a Federal election coming up.
We had the English language television debate between the party leaders last night. Some nitwit scheduled the french language debate the same night as the first Bruins - Canadiens playoff game. They quickly found out nobody in Quebec will be watching these dopes argue if there's a Stanley Cup playoff game involving the Habs on at the same time! Hockey is a religion in Quebec and the Habs are the Chosen Ones!
They moved the leaders debate back a day. Politics belongs in second place behind any kind of sport anyway.

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
I pray Chretien has no children of age to run then!

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crouch38
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll put up a box of oranges, got any good homemade keilbasa up there?

Danny Z , we got the BEST kielbasa around i think . people from all over the US come back to this area for the kielbasi , hot dog chilli and agustines pizza .
i dont think pens are gonna coast thru the first round, but think they will win it . playoff hockey is a "different animal " as we all know .
How many lbs. of kielbasi(thats the way we say it with an I ) will i have to put up to match the box of oranges ??

Bruce , Philly , thats my 2nd team . WOW ,they did look HOT early on in the season , But what the H>## happened to them ? i cant understand the last 8 or 9 matches they played . BUT , its playoff hockey and anything can happen . Go Philly , only if the pens loose out .

Don , Bobby Orr brings back great memories when he played with the pens . also , Phill Espisito .

Bruce , You are right Vancouver is the HOTEST team to beat. i look for them to be in the stanley cup finals . hopefully not but they are playing awsome hokey .

Well , there's talk that if we get through the first round , "Sid the kid" Crosby will be back for the second round . Also the "Cookie Monster " Matt Cooke will be off suspension after the first round. GO PENS

Bob

Posts: 262 | Location: Wampum , Pa | Member Since: 02-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flyers lose, 1-0 at home. Frowner I was there. head bang They played a lot better than the last 3 weeks, but still lost. This team had 10 guys with double digit goals---5 of them had 20+ goals and 2 with 30+ goals during the regular season. Do you think we can find a guy that can score in the playoffs this year? Confused

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Flyers lose, 1-0 at home.

At home .....big disappointment!

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Flyers come back, score 5 goals and win game 2 to tie the series. ROTFLMAO On to Buffalo we go. Win game 3 and we have this series right where we need it.... Roll Eyes
And what is going on with Boston? Or, as I said before, that Montreal team can be dangerous in the playoffs. Look what happened last year and it is happening again! Watch out Caps.... confusion
The Tampa-Pitt series is going as expected. Anybody's series for the taking! Shields Up
Not following the west too much, but see Detroit is up 2-0 in their series. Oh boy, here they are again winning in the playoffs. Superman But Vancouver is right there also, beating last years Stanley Cup champion. Could be a hell of a showdown between those two.... Violence

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
Flyers come back, score 5 goals and win game 2 to tie the series.

Thanks for the update. GO FLYERS!

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of crouch38
posted Hide Post
Pens up 2-1 , BIG match tonight Shields Up Hope the Pens can pull off another away match . Then we will be back in Pittsburgh . GO PENS

Bob

posted Hide Post
Flyers lose ANOTHER at home Confused nono!!! Down 3 goals to none early in the first period, they fight back to tie the score and send it to overtime only to lose. You gotta score on the power play in the playoffs if you are going to make a run at the cup deadhorse, and we just can't!
I unfortunately believe that in this situation (7 game series tied at 2 each), the winner of game 5 wins the series. We'll see if the Flyers have any desire to move on, because they sure didn't look like it in the first period of last nights game... Frowner

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen