Login now/Join our community

Glassnose Aficionado
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/09
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
What? The Lightning didn't? Knocking off the #1 seed in 4 straight? Shields Up
It's ON Corey!

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
All due respect to the Lightening, but the Bruins took down the Flyers so they earned the Flyer's fan's respect.

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
quote:
the Bruins took down the Flyers so they earned the Flyer's fan's respect.

Perhaps, but more likely they earned their Ire, which is all the more reason to root for the Lightning. Corey, it would be a blast to join up with you and Cheri at a playoff game. Not a cheap date but it could be done. Let me know what you think.

79 Barth Classic

Posts: 3478 | Location: Venice Fl. | Member Since: 07-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
the Bruins took down the Flyers so they earned the Flyer's fan's respect.

Perhaps, but more likely they earned their Ire, which is all the more reason to root for the Lightning

You almost had me, Corey but, now I dunno ...maybe I'll have to stay neutral. As if that will ever happen!

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
Wait a minute!
Bruins in 4
Lightning in 4 ........?
2 flukes make for lousy play-offs.

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wait a minute!
Bruins in 4
Lightning in 4 ........?
2 flukes make for lousy play-offs.

Two very lucky teams Roll Eyes

The old saying, "I'd rather be lucky than good" may apply here Dick.........NOT!!!

Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Corey, it would be a blast to join up with you and Cheri at a playoff game.

I doubt Cheri would give a darn, but I'd certainly love it. I start my new job on Monday and still haven't got a clue as to what is expected of me. I will be playing the next few weeks by ear I think, but if someone hands you a fist full of tickets, give me a shout!!!

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
I don't believe there was any "luck" about either series. Both teams came out and played hard and did what they had to do to win. You don't sweep a team on "luck"...
Who to root for? Simon Gagne is in Tampa now and he was a beloved Flyer (especially to Kathleen) before being traded. Mark Recchi is in Boston and I liked him alot when he played in Philly. I can't believe he is still playing like he does at his age against them youngsters!
Hope Tampa is up for a physical game, because that is what Boston is going to bring to the party. Add to that, if Tim Thomas plays like he did against the Flyers, this could also be a short series. But Tampa has scorers and I believe that is what they are going to need to win because Tim Thomas can be beat. My call...Boston in 6 if they learn how to score on the power play, 7 if they don't.

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dude, I was being facetious about the luck part

Glassnose Aficionado
Picture of Danny Z
posted Hide Post
Corey, tix at Tampa are 75 bucks to ?? I have a few connections to try. I'll get back to you.

79 Barth Classic

posted Hide Post
Danny,

I'm open to the Tuesday or Thursday game!!!

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
Picture of Bruce & Kathleen
posted Hide Post
Corey,
Do you bring two hats to the game? One for where you came from and one for where you're at now? Can't lose that way... Razzer

9303 3855 33BS 1B
Bruce & Kathleen
1993 33' Front Entrance Breakaway
230HP Cummins 5.9, Allison 6 speed, Spartan Chassis, Nicely Optioned

Posts: 616 | Location: New Jersey | Member Since: 04-01-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I should sew two together maybe, half and half.

I grew up with the Bruins, but got to like the Rangers too due to a TV station that broadcasted the games in New England. Once you know the players and back stories, you get hooked. In my opinion, NESN (New England Sports Network) was the worst thing that ever happened to the Bruins. Used to be channel 38 in Boston carried every game on free TV. NESN bought the rights to half the game sand charged for viewing. My rule is, I don't pay for sports unless I can be there.

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
The Wings just forced game 7 last night....

Watch out...

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/10
Picture of Reado
posted Hide Post
Go Wings! We Canuckles would like to play the Wings. They play more our style. It would be a great series.

Posts: 60 | Location: Agassiz, BC Canada | Member Since: 07-19-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post