Forums    Star Gazing & Other Non Automotive Hobbies    Tonka's Picture and Supporting Member Logo
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Tonka's Picture and Supporting Member Logo
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/13
Picture of Tonka
posted
Hi Rusty, Bill, other computer dudes.

I just posted a verbose question regarding new tires and date codes in tech talk and noticed that Tonka's Photo and Supporting Member icons weren't working.

Any advice?

Thanks,
Wally

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
Hi again,

Oops, never mind. I just saw the 'Is My Computer Crazy' post and see the issue is IP address related and being handled.

Thanks IT dudes, Tin Foil Hat Club
Wally

Posts: 249 | Location: Minnetonka, MN | Member Since: 01-30-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I feel like I'm building sandcastles on the beach at low tide.

Please gang - bear with the current issues regarding the IP problems. They're telling me it'll shake itself out soon.

A quick rundown. The website is listed as barthmobile.com and anything related to that address is currently undergoing something I'm not 100% sure on.

For me to fix this I would have to change everything around to add the http://www. to everything on our site. I was sent this email
quote:
Dear Social Strata customer, As part of our preparation for our upcoming data
center migration, we are reviewing your DNS record(s) for your service with us.
Your current DNS configuration is not optimized to ensure the minimum amount
of downtime for your site during the migration process. You are currently
managing your own DNS and are using an A record to point to an IP address
at our current data center. That A record will no longer be valid once the data
center migration takes place later this month. In order to ensure a minimal amount
of downtime during the migration, we have one suggestion that would help improve
the process and minimize downtime for you and your users. We could set up your
site to use www.(your domain).com (a sub-domain) instead of the naked domain.
Then, you could point that domain (since it is a sub-domain) at a CNAME to our
server. This would ensure that your site would be manageable (effectively) by us
during the migration. To facilitate the process of properly configuring your DNS,
we'd request that you open a support ticket at http://help.socialstrata.com so
that we can walk you through the specifics of the process. We would also be happy
to answer any questions that you might have about the migration.
Warning: If you do not take action, your site will experience extended downtime
during and following the migration process. We highly recommend that you open
a support ticket as soon as possible to get the process moving.
Thank you! The Operations Team at Social Strata
Obviously, it is not as seemless as they made it out to be. Until they finish on their end I'm stuck with what we have. Every avatar that was uploaded to our site is done without the http://www. added upfront. Once they're done, things will be back to normal.

here is how your current avatar is listed. http://barthmobile.com/groupee...333941857/avatar.jpg

here is where it is currently hiding https://www.barthmobile.com/gro...333941857/avatar.jpg

Once they're done, it'll show back up again without me doing anything.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 7/17
Picture of Doorman
posted Hide Post
Bill N.Y.,
Any way to put a statement on the home page banner to inform members and guests of the current problems. Maybe link them to this post. I have been able to add www. to links to do searches, posting pictures, ect.

Thanks, Doorman

1986 31' Regal -1976 Class C
454/T400 P30 -350/T400 G30
twin cntr beds - 21' rear bath

Posts: 1026 | Location: Dayton, Ohio | Member Since: 09-27-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Man, I just love these computer guys. head bang

Let's get this straight: We pay them to manage our site communications, they tell you what you have to change to make THEIR system work? What a PITA!

This is why I just can't buy into the whole "linked in" world. Security is generally way too loose and their are a lot of spammers and creeps... then they decide to "upgrade" a system that is working fine and it doesn't work anymore... errr wack

just call me "http://www.stevevw" for now

Sure glad we have the Barthmobile oasis...thanks! Thumbs Up

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5168 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Obviously, it is not as seemless as they made it out to be. Until they finish on their end I'm stuck with what we have.

You are doing a fantastic job, BillNY. Thumbs Up Keep up the good work. I for one am willing to wait for them to finish their reconstruction of the site. cheers
THANK YOU!

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OoopsOh! never mind ...I don't have an avatar.

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
It should be sorted out very soon. This was a reply for clarification to when I can expect the end of this - I was under the impression that they changed the date - I was wrong.
quote:
Hi Bill,

First off, please don't apologize! We are here to help you

We are investigating some mail sending issues from the server that you are on. These issues are resulting in long delays for some email being delivered. We'll continue to investigate and try to correct the issue.

There's no need to change your DNS.

We haven't pushed back any planned updates. We've been planning all along to restore the old IP addresses tomorrow. That is still the plan

Thanks for your patience as we finalize the migration process!

Based on this, it'll be straightened out after tomorrow. Here's to hoping!!! head bang

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
I like the part about waiting so you don't have to do anything. Thumbs Up

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
Should be good now... let me know if you find any issues

8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Spartan Chassis
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

posted Hide Post
quote:
Should be good now... let me know if you find any issues

Looks good ..... just cruising the posts and saw the Tonka!

Picture of Tonka
posted Hide Post
Woo Hoo!

Tonka and everyone's missing avatars have returned thanks to the commitment and perseverance of our "Grand Pooh-Bah" (got it right this time) and his merry and dedicated IT minions.

Thanks for continuing to build those sand castles Bill N.Y. Smiler

Truly appreciated!
Wally