Forums    Star Gazing & Other Non Automotive Hobbies    Annoying popup won't go away
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Annoying popup won't go away
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 5/10
Picture of Marvin+Doris
posted
Thought I had it solved. Got a popup in the lower right screen every time I get on Chrome or Firefox. From Avira (which I use on this laptop). I blocked popups, blocked popups from Avira, cussed out Chrome Frowner - that did not help but felt better. Restarted the computer, cleared out cookies and caches and history. Cannot use lower right corner as the X will not click it away. Even clicked on it (against my better judgement) in the hope if I read the content it would dissappear. Violence
Now I will try the Acer instead of the Toshiba. Does not appear on my tablet or smartyphone.
Luddite in TN head bang

1999 Bluebird Custom 33' 8.3 Cummins diesel pusher

Former owner 1989 Barth Regal 25'

Posts: 1313 | Location: Big South Fork TN | Member Since: 09-29-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Go to my thread "Nooz fro teh g33k" for links.

Download, install and run CCleaner, Malwarebytes and Spybot Search and Destroy

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post