Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Telescope available
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09

Picture of garryp
posted
Since this is not a Barth telexcope, I will enter here.

I have an older grneration Celestron 8" Cass. telescope, suitably heavy tripod, appropriate goodies, a large padded carrying/storage case.

I would sell it just to get it out of my way. I discovered that my irregulaqr astigmatiem did not encourage my use of it, and that I was adverse to cold nights stumbling around in the dark wondering where I should point.

Any interest?

Posts: 209 | Location: AZ | Member Since: 09-01-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Depending on its year of manufacture, it would be worth $300-600. Sinec you're in AZ, there are several good shops in the Phoenix area.

Starizona in Tucson is a shop I've dealt with many times. They may be willing to take it on consignment. Older C8s, with the exception of the "Halley-Madness" years when production was rushed (1975-77), still have a market.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How much are you asking for it?

Posts: 136 | Location: IL | Member Since: 08-25-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/09

Picture of garryp
posted Hide Post
I will take $600 for everything, with eyepieces including an expensive zoom eyepiece, electronics, heavy duty tripod, gadgets, tripod base on casters, pointing scope, a scope case, etc. The entire shebang probably cost me $2500.

That is plus shipping, which would not be trivial.

Best for pick up out of my garage in AZ.

Note this is not a GoTo scope, but includes a computer to tell you what and where things are in view.

Sooo... where are you?

Posts: 209 | Location: AZ | Member Since: 09-01-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post