Forums    Star Gazing & Other Non Automotive Hobbies    Top Astronomy Events 2021
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Top Astronomy Events 2021
 Login now/Join our community

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted
https://stargazing.supremaa.co...tronomy-events-2021/

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
For the last 10 years my astronomy fix has suffered from the same symptom as my boating fix, clouds and rain. When the river is high Duane is sending logs and debris to me 24/7 and clouds after sunset. Whereas I used to check my starchart for nightly targets I now correlate the uniqueness of the target to the increased probability of total overcast.
If I had not completed my Messier list in the late 1980s I doubt it would have happened after 2008.

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
Iowa River debris created by Minnesnotwa melt, sorry Tim, but ole groundhog Phil has predicted another month and a half of ice and snow prior to the flood from the north!!!! You may not see the heavens until Near April!!!!!

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Duane, you're right about it not being only IO Way, 'cause at my location we get all the additional debris from the Illinois River. Clear right now, could mount the solar filter on and count Sun spots

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post