Forums    Star Gazing & Other Non Automotive Hobbies    Looking into deep space.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Looking into deep space.
 Login now/Join our community

"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted
This site shows what the hubble found in deep black space. My thought- How great God is to have created the heavens.

Hope this opens up....

www.flixxy.com/hubble-ultra-deep-field-3d.htm

Jim & Barb

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
WOW !!! Thank You....

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"5+ Years of Active Membership"
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 9/11
Picture of Jim & Barb
posted Hide Post
That was the way I felt watching the video....WOW!

What was amazing is the narrator saying this is the strongest telescope and that is the maximum distance it could reach.
Now with that said can you imagine just how small of a speck we are in this great universe.

Jim & Barb Thumbs Up
1985 Barth Regency 35ft
DD & AT

Posts: 457 | Location: Port Charlotte Florida USA | Member Since: 06-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
It's by no means the most powerful telescope (a "mere" 2.4 meters; the Keck pair in Hawaii are 10 M EACH - collectively - 34X the light-gathering power and several hundred times the resolving power). What the Hubble has is what it hasn't: Atmosphere.

While the Kecks (and other large ground-based scopes) have are "adaptive optics", which automatically compensate for the effects of atmosphere - but those are no substitute for no atmosphere).

The Hubble Ultra Deep Field is an image unlikely to be surpassed - ever.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post