Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Inflatable kayak
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of dustyjeeper
posted
We seem to camp by lakes and rivers most of the time. I've been searching for a boat that would be easy to transport, float on a lake , and whitewater capable. My search led me to the NRS Maverik. This kayak is for 1 or 2 paddlers. It can be deflated, rolled up and stuffed in a compartment. It is dog friendly. Weight is 45 pounds. This has a self bailing floor so we will get wet. Big Grin
A new one is too expensive for a casual user like myself. I found a used one on craigslist that needed some repair.

The 2 round black patches are over wear spots.

The kayak cleaned up well wit some cleaner and 303 protectant.
We bought new life vest and will be trying it out next weekend.

1978 Barth 17' Cabin Fever
1997 Barth 23' 4 door Command Center

Posts: 505 | Location: LaSalle CO | Member Since: 12-05-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
posted Hide Post
We bought a Sea Eagle kayak late last summer. Have only had it out on a couple of lakes, and 2 days ago i went by myself for an 18 mile trip down the Yakima River. Like it real well so far, haven't gone thru any real rapids yet with it. Big Grin

Posts: 878 | Location: Left side, top to bottom and back again. :>) | Member Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/12
Picture of Lee
posted Hide Post
We've carried a couple Sea Eagles on board for several years...store easily under the dinette, including kayak paddles, canoe paddles, seats & electric pump. With one SE330 and one SE370, we have a choice of boating as two singles with kayak paddles, while the SE370 allows two-aboard comfortably, using canoe paddles. A homebuilt sulky makes for easy transport from campsite to waters edge. Plus, most river outfitters will shuttle your personal boats at minimum cost, greatly reducing float trip costs.

While Sea Eagle sells factory-direct, we've found great prices & lots of info at: http://inflatableboats4less.com/ Also, there's usually a few used ones on Ebay at attractive prices, offered by folks who used them 1-2 times and decided it wasn't for them. (NOTE: If you're a die-hard kayaker/canoeist, you probably won't be happy with an inflatable's performance - there is a trade-off for the convenience of their small storage space requirements.)

Posts: 1266 | Location: Frederick, Maryland | Member Since: 09-12-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of weeble1560
posted Hide Post
Hey how do you mark your favorite posts to go back too i like this one for future info on kayaks

Posts: 14 | Location: TOLEDO OHIO | Member Since: 08-06-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/16
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
Weeble,

I simply bookmark. Then I organize my bookmarks by subject area and can have a whole collection of links to common subjects that are website independent. Works for me.

Kirk

1989 22' Regal

Posts: 183 | Location: Northwestern PA | Member Since: 06-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of weeble1560
posted Hide Post
Thank-you Kirk that helps

Posts: 14 | Location: TOLEDO OHIO | Member Since: 08-06-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post