Forums    Star Gazing & Other Non Automotive Hobbies    NASA photo of UFO near sun's surface - could it be?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

NASA photo of UFO near sun's surface - could it be?
 Login now/Join our community

posted

Posts: 39 | Location: USA | Member Since: 04-14-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
Rrrrrrrrrright!

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 12/10
Picture of Patch1st
posted Hide Post
It cant be a "Mothership" cause any astrounaut worth his salt would know that being that close to the sun could mess up your paint job.....

Click for Saint Clair Shores, Michigan Forecast

Patch1st
35' Regency
MCC Chassis
8.2 Detroit Diesel
"Partly Cloudy"

Posts: 455 | Location: Michigan | Member Since: 10-17-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Host" of Barthmobile.com
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/19
Picture of Bill N.Y.
posted Hide Post
What is a UFO?

Simply put... It is an Unidentified Flying (Floating) Object.

Hence, this is a U.F.O. Tin Foil Hat Club

Now, with the billion upon billions of star out there, isn't it possible that there's life on other planets? Why not, we can't still believe that the "sun rotates around the Earth".

Likewise, believing that the only life sustaining organisms are located here on Earth seems a little "Self Centered". java

Why couldn't there be a planet with lifeforms that have reptile or fish like qualities? Is carbon based lifeforms the only thing out there? Is algae, or plants, not life too? Isn't a single cell organisms also considered life?

Let's face it... Unless a UFO lands in a Major Metropolitan Area, or we receive a "television like broadcast" from the far reaches of space, they'll be skeptics and believers who are equally passionate about this topic.

I've always felt that we're not alone in the vastness of the outer reaches of space. If we're not alone as "sentient beings" what would another planet be like? Could another planet follow the same course we've been on?

Is it a peaceful place? Is their planet lifeless from years of war? Will we one day see the ruins of a vast civilization through the outer reaches of space and notice our own mortality as a planet?

I know, heavy stuff for an rv forum. Morality, mortality, our species desire to set rules and the rulers of our past being played out in another solar system. We can only imagine and use our past/present as a frame for what may be, or not be.

Trust me, I'm not pushing a point of view. This is just the idle ramblings of one man. In the grand scheme of things, on this, my thoughts don't really matter. It's not open to debate as some things aren't really debatable. You either accept a point of view or you don't.

Rusty has a great quote in his signature profile...
Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering. - Arthur C. Clarke

I have to admit, on this, I'm quite staggered.

˙ʎ˙u ןןıq- „ǝןƃuɐ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ pןɹoʍ ǝɥʇ ʇɐ ʞooן ɐ ƃuıʞɐʇ sı ǝɟıן oʇ ʇǝɹɔǝs ǝɥʇ„

Regis Widebody1990 Barth Regis Widebody
8908 0128 40RDS-C1
L-10 Cummins
Allison MT647 Transmission
Spartan Chassis
Regal Conversion1991 Medical Lab Conversion
9102 3709 33S-12
Ford 460 MPFI
C6 Transmission
Oshkosh Chassis

Quick Link: Members Only Link To Send Me A Private Message

Posts: 5924 | Location: Newburgh, New York | Member Since: 05-10-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rusty has a great quote in his signature profile...
Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering. - Arthur C. Clarke

I have to admit, on this, I'm quite staggered

Ditto! What more can I say?

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
posted Hide Post
quote:
It cant be a "Mothership" cause any astrounaut worth his salt would know that being that close to the sun could mess up your paint job.....

But; ............ a shiny mystery Barth??

#1 29' 1977parted out and still alive in Barths all over the USA

Posts: 1028 | Location: Floral City FL | Member Since: 04-25-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
FKA: noble97monarch
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/12
Picture of Moonbeam-Express
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Lee installed those Girodyne SRB42 Sublight engines. That could explain it!

Formerly: 1997 Barth Monarch
Now: 2000 BlueBird Wanderlodge 43' LXi Millennium Edition DD Series 60 500HP 3 stage Jake, Overbuilt bike lift with R1200GS BMW, followed by 2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited,
“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”

Posts: 2228 | Location: Laurel Park, NC | Member Since: 03-16-2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
Now we know where all those missing Barths go! NASA has been shootin' em off into space! (Actually it was probably the Soviets, saving some money)

Make great space capsules, all the comforts of home. The shiny aluminum skin REFLECTS all the solar radiation!

They are supposed to stay with all the others behind the sun where we can't see em. This one was late getting started.

No other brand can stand this treatment! Another Barth testimonial.

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5156 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted Hide Post
Has anyone gotten any update from "The Silver Seed"? That was the Barth specially configured for runs to Burning Man. Have they reached "escape velocity"?

Matt

1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust

Posts: 523 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BarthBluesmobile
posted Hide Post
Following up on what Bill NY had to say, the number of "coincidences" and the sequencing of them, that had to fall in to place for there to be human life on earth is fascinating to consider.

First, there had to be two planets which collided at such an angle that they weren't smashed to dust. But which was slightly tangential in order to create a spinning molten core of iron. Why is that important? Well without that, there wouldn't be a magnetic field. Why is that important? Well without that, there wouldn't be protection from space radiation, and water be blown from the planet and cellular structures known to us would be irradiated and die.

Now consider that there is water on earth. If the earth was at one time a molten ball which cooled, well obviously the water would have boiled away if it was there previously. So the water on earth now came to earth after the earth cooled, perhaps as comets.

So, in addition, the earth is a distance from the sun, that with an atmosphere, can support water in the forms of solid, liquid and gas. What are the odds of that?

And this atmosphere? Some scientists seem to think that the first microbes on the planet were consumed rock and gave off carbon dioxide, IIRC. Lots of that in the atmosphere now, but mammals don't find it useful to breath.

So if you fast forward a few billion years, there are now billions of years of things like algae, consuming the CO2 and giving off O2. Good for us now, and good for internal combustion engines. See how it all ties together?

Then add on a meteor swarm to wipe out the dinosaurs and allow mammals to grow bigger than mice, at least according to something on Discovery.

And because humans were generally dispersed to the far corners of the globe, various plagues and droughts which kill everyone would only harm one population center, and the species would continue.

Yet even with that, the evolutionary scientists say that based upon what they think is the rate or random mutation in the human genome, that we don't have billions of years of evolution to show in the DNA of our species. There is a claim that everyone on the planet now is descended from one 1 woman, or 1 group of related women, who lived 70,000 years ago.

Proof at least, that the more we know, the more we know we don't know.

Beam me up Scotty!
Matt

1987 Barth 27' P32 Chassis
Former State Police Command Post
Chevrolet 454
Weiand Manifold, Crane Cam, Gibson Exhaust

Posts: 523 | Location: Massachusetts | Member Since: 07-28-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/16
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
Consider me staggered as well.

What gets my attention is when Stephen Hawking says we shouldn't be in too big a hurry to try and make contact with other (potential) extra-terrestrial lifeforms as there could exist nomadic aliens looking to capitalize on resources they may need.

I find it interesting his suggestion that "Star Trek" type of systems could become a way for humans to survive by colonizing space.

1989 22' Regal

Posts: 183 | Location: Northwestern PA | Member Since: 06-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/16
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
In the spirit of boldly going where no man has gone before, I present here my latest top secret project, soon to be exclusively available for Barthmobile members in DIY assembly kit form.

1989 22' Regal

Posts: 183 | Location: Northwestern PA | Member Since: 06-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/11
posted Hide Post
Haha that is great, I can almost see capt Kirk in the captains chair there! So glad they took the tires off so they wouldn't burn up when they fly next to the Sun to fuel up on energy, like the other Barth!

You know I have hard time thinking there's no other life forms out there when you're outside on a clear night looking up at all those stars. And then see a Barth fly by boldly going where no Barth has been before!

Posts: 259 | Location: SouthWest MI | Member Since: 08-12-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Barth Junkie
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/24
Picture of Steve VW
posted Hide Post
"Barthentaprize" ROTFLMAO

Nice job catching such a clear picture.. was that from the Hubble?

9708-M0037-37MM-01
"98" Monarch 37
Spartan MM, 6 spd Allison
Cummins 8.3 325+ hp

Posts: 5156 | Location: Kalkaska, MI | Member Since: 02-04-2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post