Reply To This Topic

You're Gonna Like This
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 10/09
Picture of towerguy
posted
http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/view/id/206

Bill, Sharron, Hayley and Bridgett

1990 38' Regency Widebody [RDG-B), Anniversary Edition, Cat 3208TA - 300HP, Gillig Chassis, Side Aisle

"Stagecoach"
1990 38' Regency Widebody (RDG-B)
Anniversary Edition
Cat 3208TA - 300HP
Gillig Chassis
Side Aisle

Posts: 480 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Member Since: 04-02-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Kewl!

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
After I retired from corporate life, Donna and I owned a Scuba Diving business and traveled all over the world diving for a number of years. We have been to the Red Sea, Australia, Yap, Palau, Truk, Ponipei, and most of the major islands in the Caribbean that have diving. If you have never tried it,you are missing one of the most beautiful areas in this world. It can be so peaceful, no phones, beepers, pagers, or anything else to bother you as you just watch natures wonders.
Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Nick, did you ever run across my friend Peter Kennett, who's been to many of those places you mentioned. He works as a diplomat for the State Department, recently in New Mexico, Poland, South Africa, and awaiting reassignment?

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/12
Picture of Nick Cagle
posted Hide Post
Rusty, don't remember ever meeting Peter. Most famous diver I ever met and got to talk to was Jean Micheal Cousteau. It was at a U.S. Divers convention , not actually on a dive trip.

Palau has the best diving in the world in my opinion. Truk Lagoon is a World War II history buffs wonder. That is where the U.S. launched operation "Hail Storm" and sunk a number of Japanese ships.
"In two air strikes, American dive and torpedo bombers sank three Japanese cruisers (Agano, Katori, and Naka), six destroyers (Oite, Fumizuki, Maikaze, Hagio, Isogu, and Tachikaze), three other warships and 32 merchant ships. Over 250 aircraft were destroyed, mostly on the ground." You can dive on most all of the wrecks since most of them are within the 130 foot limit of recreational diving.

Nick

Posts: 1732 | Location: Harlem, GA | Member Since: 09-17-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
http://oceanexplorer.noaa.gov/

The R/V Ukpik, making long close-to-shore transits in the Search for the Lost Whaling Fleets of the Western Arctic expedition survey area, provided an ideal platform for observing the state of coastal erosion – and climate change – in the Arctic.

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post