Forums    Star Gazing & Other Non Automotive Hobbies    Ever been here?
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Ever been here?
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted
http://texasstarparty.org/pix/night_upper.jpg

Can this be real?

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of ccctimtation
posted Hide Post
Not there but I've been to Oki-Tex which is probably an order of magnitude brighter but still pretty good.

Posts: 1066 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Member Since: 10-09-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 2/16
Captain Doom
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
I never have because dogs are forbidden (reason: 19 years ago someone had dogs that barked). It's a dust bowl, too.

I've been to the Nebraska Star Party. Equally dark skies and lots of room.

Rusty

MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP; built-to-order by Peninsular Engines:  Hi-pop injectors, gear-driven camshaft, non-waste-gated, high-output turbo, 18:1 pistons.  Fuel economy increased by 15-20%, power, WOW!"StaRV II"

'94 28' Breakaway: MilSpec AMG 6.5L TD 230HP

Nelson and Chester, not-spoiled Golden Retrievers

Sometimes I think we're alone in the universe, and sometimes I think we're not.
In either case the idea is quite staggering.
- Arthur C. Clarke

It was a woman who drove me to drink, and I've been searching thirty years to find her and thank her - W. C. Fields

Posts: 7734 | Location: Brooker, FL, USA | Member Since: 09-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of Don in Niagara
posted Hide Post
Gods country!! Great dark night area.
Been to Sanderson, Fort Stockton and stayed at Balmorhea State Park and likely will be there in November. If you ever get the chance to explore the Davis Mtns and Big Bend area, TAKE IT.
The area was supposed to be the setting for the movie "No Country For Old Men", if you remember the backdrop for the story you know what I mean.
Don

1990 Regency 34'
Cummins 6CTA 8.3 240hp
Spartan Chassis,
4 speed Allison MT643

Posts: 630 | Location: Niagara Falls, Canada | Member Since: 11-09-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Some of the films shot here and in the Big Bend include "Giant," "The Gambler," "Lonesome Dove," "The Good Old Boys," "Streets of Laredo," "Dead Man's Walk,” “There Will Be Blood,” “No Country for Old Men,” and "Dancer, Texas Population 81”

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post