Forums    Star Gazing & Other Non Automotive Hobbies    Android Ice Cream Sandwich
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

Android Ice Cream Sandwich
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted
OK, Barth'ers have solved most of my other problems so now it is time to try another. I got this, as bill NY says, smarter than me phone and I can't get rid of old emails. I delete them and they keep coming back. I move them to trash and they stay there. I can't erase them. Any help is appreciated. OH and by the way, these new phones are almost impossible to dial or type while driving, a good thing!

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 03/22
posted Hide Post
Tom I don't know what email provider you are using but it does make a difference how your phone is set up to download the messages.

I use 4 different email programs and have them all set to "IMAP" which will synchronize the phone with what is on the email provider server. when I "mark as read", or "trash" them from the phone, it will do the same thing to the main server. If you have it set to "POP" then the phone email will not report back to the main server that you did any action and the next time you should off your phone and restart it it will query the main server and download the messages again.

Lots of things to get use to and I would trade my phone for a simple GOOD transceiver anytime. Although I am using more and more of the features of the new ahem, smart phones it is a waste for me and probably will be for awhile.

Ed
94 30' Breakaway #3864
30-BS-6B side entry
New Cummins 5.9L, 375+ HP
Allison 6 speed
Spartan chassis
K9DVC
Tankless water heater

Posts: 2177 | Location: Los Gatos, CA | Member Since: 12-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MWrench:
I would trade my phone for a simple GOOD transceiver anytime.

I wish I could still use my Motorola Brick. Best signal ever.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yep, perzactly! I even tried the Barth installed CB radio but I can't understand a word of what is said. Mine sounds like the speaker at the other end is inside a trash can. Looking for a new speaker for it.

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Eric D.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bill h:
quote:
Originally posted by MWrench:
I would trade my phone for a simple GOOD transceiver anytime.

I wish I could still use my Motorola Brick. Best signal ever.

Also the only "phone"to have a signal in Yosemite.I keep mine stored next to the Ampzilla,another useful object.

Posts: 44 | Location: Bay Area | Member Since: 02-21-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
I still use an Ampzilla

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
First Month Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tom K:
I even tried the Barth installed CB radio but I can't understand a word of what is said. Mine sounds like the speaker at the other end is inside a trash can.

Don't bother. ever since NAFTA, the airwaves are filled with Spanish-speaking truckers talking. When they aren't talking they are playing their music over the CB frequencies. At least in the Southwest.

I still use a CB for off road group travel, but only out of range from major highways.

posted Hide Post
A couple of years ago we raced a sailboat from Galveston to Vera Cruz Mexico and the marine radio frequency was full of Cajun's talking among the near shore fishermen as they trawl. Now that is a real secret code. No one but another Cajun could decipher that conversation.