Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

WTB kwikee step only
 Login now/Join our community

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/16
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted
The electric step on our Regal functions fine... except the step is broken off. Short of getting a manual set-up to replace it, I thought I'd fabricate a new step and weld it up. It looks as though the original was cast (maybe to break off in the event of a hang up) so I wonder if that's the way to go... weld another cast step back on if one could be sourced. Ideas on this welcome.

Kirk

1989 22' Regal

Posts: 183 | Location: Northwestern PA | Member Since: 06-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/12
Picture of rp's barth
posted Hide Post
is it a double step? we may have one @ work if it has not been discarded let me know and i will look Monday.,

Richard & Robin
s7809 2539 MC27 FP3

• 1979 27'
  • 454 Chevy
  • P-32 Chassis

Posts: 298 | Location: Deltona Flordia | Member Since: 08-18-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
Richard,

I'm not really sure. Do you (or others perhaps) know of a way to check? I'll crawl around under it tomorrow to see if there is a model number anywhere, but any info. will be greatly appreciated.

Kirk

1989 22' Regal

Posts: 183 | Location: Northwestern PA | Member Since: 06-14-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 6/12
Formally known as "Humbojb"
Picture of Jim and Tere
posted Hide Post
Feel for you. I ripped my steps off a couple of years age. Kwikee will sell just the steps if your motor and base plate are ok but they are really proud of them. They quoted me $175. Still using a portable one.
Jim

Jim and TereJim and Tere

1985 Regal
29' Chevy 454 P32
8411 3172 29FP3B
Gear Vendor 6 Speed Tranny

Posts: 3696 | Location: madisonville tn usa | Member Since: 02-19-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kirk & Elise
posted Hide Post
R&R: I am assuming it is a single step, as there does not seem to be enough ground clearance for 2 steps. I looked today and did not see any model numbers. Could a single step off a double be made to work? I'm also calling around RV places locally to see it they've one in the scrap heap.

Kirk

1989 22' Regal

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 4/08
posted Hide Post
I bought a 3 step from them last year. They get a lot of Winnebago surplus. I wanted to replace our single step with a two step, but they only had single and three. But cutting of number 3 left 2.

www.jakesrvsalvage.com

'92 Barth Breakaway - 30'
5.9 Cummins (6B) 300+ HP
2000 Allison
Front entrance

Posts: 1187 | Location: Minneapolis/Yuma | Member Since: 08-17-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post