Forums    Swap Meet Central    H-PIPE-FREE TO SUPPORTING MEMBER.
Go to...
Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

H-PIPE-FREE TO SUPPORTING MEMBER.
 Login now/Join our community

First Month Member
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 11/13
posted
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-642025/

This is new in box H pipe from Summit. Fits any gasser with 2 1/2 inch duals. I used one on a previous P30 or two, and the result was a stronger midrange and the ability to run free-flowing mufflers without too much noise. I bought these, intending to put them on the Barth because it was a lot of gain for a little money and labor. I ended up putting in an X pipe instead. More money, much more labor and a small gain over what an H pipe would do. Google both and have fun with all the different opinions.

Installation on a Pee chassis is a snap. Would probably work on a Ford equally well, but no experience, so can't really say.

I have never had an H-pipe that was not an improvement. I even used one on a six with Tri-Wyes to take some of the bark out.

Anyway, the first paid supporter of this site gets it for the cost of the shipping. The setup weighs 12 pounds, but would be lighter without the straight pipe sections, shipping just the Tees. Clamps are not included, as I used them on the X pipe project. My zip is either 90245 or 86301 or 86332, so figure out if it is worth it to you.

84 30T PeeThirty-Something, 502 powered

Posts: 6169 | Location: AZ Central Highlands | Member Since: 01-09-2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post