Start A New Topic
Search
Notify
Tools
Reply To This Topic

need two corners
 Login now/Join our community

posted
Im restoring a 1969 Barth trailer and need two of the bottom corners they are made of aluminum if someone has a old trailer they are not going to restore or scrap I will buy them can be contacted at 661 706 1869 Robert

Posts: 12 | Location: Bakersfield CA | Member Since: 04-09-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
This post might be useful.
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Sorrentino:
Just an update on my search for replacement corners.
I was able to source perfect fit replacements from
KampCo steel products in Elkhart Indiana. They are made from .50
Aluminum and part number 5034 is the 12" radius
Price was totally fair at $36 plus shipping. I have not done the repair yet but they are a perfect overlay to the original. They also make 6"
Radius as well
Hope this helps other members

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will order to Monday morning check their website And looks like they're still available Smiler

Posts: 12 | Location: Bakersfield CA | Member Since: 04-09-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a question about the corners you bought their original corners measure 10 inches radius and 12 inches from the point to top The point being at the bottom of the trailer how do the new ones measure out are they 12 inches across side to side are they just like the originals because I was wondering maybe the 5033 the 8 inch might be the one needed please let me know how yours fit thank you

Picture of Doug Smiley
posted Hide Post
...on Ebay:

1969 Barth Travel Trailer photo vintage print Ad

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1969-...p2141725.m3641.l6368

The 82 MCC {by Barth}
is not an rv--
it is a Motor Coach!!

Posts: 2587 | Location: Nova Scotia | Member Since: 12-08-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kevin I ordered the corners that you suggested as per part number these corners do not fit anything in a barth trailer the 12 inch radius is way too big reason I'm replying other members do not buy that part number I have to send them back with a copy of my original $45 shipping down the drain

posted Hide Post
Once I figure out what corners are needed I will post part numbers

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 8/19
posted Hide Post
Sorry Sorry about losing your shipping costs. Please for the benefit of our site let us know when you get the proper replacement. Did you ask about other radius sizes availability?

Posts: 2478 | Location: Ohio | Member Since: 07-29-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes I did even sent photos of my corner I will call Monday to find out what's available I think the best thing to do is send the original

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/11
Picture of Tom  and Julie
posted Hide Post
Can't you take one to a fabrication metal shop and have them make one? Or two?

1993 32' Regency Wide Body, 4 speed Allison Trans, Front Entry door, Diamond Plate aluminum roof &
1981 Euro 22' w Chevy 350 engine and TH 400 tranny

Posts: 1513 | Location: Houston Texas | Member Since: 12-19-2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
have tried no one can make them they are stamped. I will get them from Kempco they have them just need a copy of my original

Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 1/21
Picture of kenny j
posted Hide Post
I was a sheet metal fabricator for about 40 years. Lenny (who was a machinist)and I were visiting about making the die to form the corners. We were looking at the sample that sloop bought. I asked him how many hours he figured it would take to make the die and his answer was about 40 hours. Then you need almost a 4x4 sheet of aluminum, stamp it in a couple hundred ton press, saw out your pcs and there ready. I can't see any other way of forming them other than the die set that was used.
Kenny

Posts: 186 | Location: grasston, mn | Member Since: 06-16-2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Supporting Member of Barthmobile.com 3/23
Picture of Duane88
posted Hide Post
I wonder if a guy with an English Wheel and a whole lot of skill could modify the ones you bought or the old ones if they are not torn?? Best bet is get the parts that fit I guess...English Wheel is real old school but some of the hot rod folks have revived the skill set.

1971 24 ft Barth Continental
P30 chassis
350 engine

Posts: 2047 | Location: Clinton Iowa | Member Since: 04-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I straighten two of them out with an English wheel like the previous statement the only way they can be made is to be stamped kempco stamps them out in a half circle and then quarters them

posted Hide Post
ok here is the part # needed for the corners A 5231 -050 can be purchased at KempCo 219-294-5466 can be seen on face book Barth site they need minor trimming and fit prefect and polish up like a mirror these are the lower corners at front and rear of trailer could possibly fit the motor homes to